Anyone interested in a one week one lens challenge?

I'll go with my D600 and the 85 f1.8 g.

I'll pass. I like having choices and my subjects tend to compose themselves.

I'll give it a go, but won't have much time on the week days.
Nikon D750, AF 24mm f/2.8D.

I wish I had a wide prime, even better if it close-focused....then I'd totally do that for this challenge.

I'm in. Fujifilm X-Pro 2, XF23mm f2 with the MCEX-11 extension tube. Gotta see what it can do, good opportunity to force me.

Last edited:

I wish I had a wide prime, even better if it close-focused....then I'd totally do that for this challenge.
I bought it when I was taking the film class - I had a 50 and the 105 macro, so I went with a halving/doubling focal length strategy. I'd like to have gotten the 20mm but it was way too much.

Okay I'll give this a shot.
Now I'm used to shooting with this combination but what I'll do a bit different is that I'll ensure I get at least one decent Non-wildlife photo. It'll give me some practice for my 500 project and it'll give me a reason to bring out an extension tube.

7D mk2, 500mm F4

I thought this might be a fun thing to try. You limit yourself to one lens/one camera for a week. Taking away some of your choices can force you to think more about framing and settings. Everyone participating would state their camera/lens up front and then we'd all post 1-3 pics per day in a group thread.

Comment below your camera/lens if you want to participate. We can start tomorrow! I'll start a new thread for the pics.

Me - Fuji XT2, lens 60mm

I would go further and say: "one week one prime" ... A friend of mine did "one year one camera one lens." It was an 85mm Nikkor. AND he did not restrict this to private shooting, he also did all of his professional assignments with that combo.

He was a phantastic professional I admire before, but came out even better. I guess he owns far more than 100 lenses and several cameras...

I would choose the D850 with the 1.4/105E

Most reactions

Back