Anyone interested in shooting wild horses in Namibia?

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My big brother posted this on Facebook today and I wondered if any of my fellow forumers might be interested.
He and his wife have lived in Namibia for several years and are very experienced wildlife (and other things) photographers - see their website at Judy & Scott Hurd – Photography and Training - Personal and Commercial Photography. Training in Photography, Image Processing and Personal Development.
They did a big project recently to photograph and identify the whole wild horse herd for the conservation people and now they have a permit to take a group of photographers in. I'm not really posting an advert, just sharing an opportunity, I realise it's a bit short notice. If you email him and tell him "Mark told me about this" he'll probably double the price. ;)

Hi Guys!
We've managed to arrange MET permits to run a photographic weekend with the Wild Namib Horses based at Klein Aus Vista on the weekend of 6th, 7th and 8th of February. The permits actually allow us into the veldt to take photos. This is a real privilege and, as you can imagine Judy and I are thrilled!

This is for anyone interested, whatever your standard of photography, and is more of a photographic experience weekend than a straightforward course, although we're there to give help and advice as needed. As you can imagine places are limited and it's half full already. If you'd like further details please e-mail me at [email protected]

Here's one of the wild horse photos from his website:
MG_2867.jpg

Is Namibia about 30 miles south of me? :)

OH DO I WISH I COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER.

Is Namibia about 30 miles south of me? :)

OH DO I WISH I COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER.

Me too. But I'm planning to get out to visit them sometime - when our ship comes in; as my mum used to say.
If ever you do get the chance to go there keep his email on file. Namibia is a good place and he's a pretty good bloke - as big brothers go. I'm sure he'd at least part with some advice.

Same - sadly no chance to join in here either but I hope they both and the other photographers have a fantastic trip!

If there were just a little more time beforehand…no, I still couldn't raise the funds to go… :D

But maybe we could start one of those social media campaigns, what do they call them? Crowdsourcing? You know, like kickstarter--see if we can raise enough for a few of us to go. THEN we'd have to do a lottery to decide who gets to go. I get to go, because the crowdsourcing was my idea. Granddad gets to go, because it's his brother.
If we raised enough money for more than two people, the rest of you would have to fight it out. Which could be pretty highly entertaining. :D

I would love to go, but I cannot afford two trips there this year and I am already going in October.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back