Possible scam... get a load of this!

It is simple it is a scam,
no need to even reply to him. If you are unsure call the Corp office.
What will happen is you will get a cheque for $800.00, that is 400 for you and $400 for the model, but the cheque will be made out to you. You will then send the $400 for the model via western Union and that will be the last you hear from them, but you will hear from your bank when that cheque is bad.
Simple.

Legit contracts are just not done this way.

I deal with these scams all the time at work and speed trap has it right. They will send you a bogus check. You will cash it and send part of the money to the model and keep a little bit. The problem is once the check bounces you are required to pay back the entire amount. They get their money ( that you sent to the model). Remember, the person that endorses the back of the check is responsible for it not the person who issued the check once it is cashed.

I have dealt with some of these people that have bogus websites and office space rented and telephone numbers so if you call it sounds legit. They might send 30 thousand of these emails out a day and if one or two people bite then they are into some money, those are pretty good odds.

Yeah, I believe the both of you indeed. Glad I didn't fall for the trap.

Ok, 8:46 AM here in MS, just checked my mail upon waking up, and I had a reply. Now, I would post it here, but, there's no point in it, because it is the SAME reply that was sent the second time, asking for my name, number, etc...

It's identical. The font colors, typing, formating of the message, everything. So, apparently, this most certainly is a scam indeed.

Jeez, you'de think they would have become a bit more creative for the third reply, but, it's probably an automated thing I guess.

Oh well... we finally have an official answer now :)

They work on quantity not quality. It does amaze me ANYONE would fall for this crap, though. I mean, even one person? Really?

I deal with these scams all the time at work and speed trap has it right. They will send you a bogus check. You will cash it and send part of the money to the model and keep a little bit. The problem is once the check bounces you are required to pay back the entire amount. They get their money ( that you sent to the model). Remember, the person that endorses the back of the check is responsible for it not the person who issued the check once it is cashed.

I have dealt with some of these people that have bogus websites and office space rented and telephone numbers so if you call it sounds legit. They might send 30 thousand of these emails out a day and if one or two people bite then they are into some money, those are pretty good odds.

Too bad you can't rewrite the amount on the check and just get like 50 or 5 bucks out of them...lol. I know that's just as illegal, though.

No kidding Baaaark, I'de love to have gotten some money out of these folks, just for picking me out, and wasting space :)

On a brighter note however... I've got my first, real, paid shoot scheduled for the end of this week. I can't wait. Pretty girl, willing to pay, came to me and requested. Made me feel pretty good :) She's pretty, she's popular, and she's got loads of friends, all of which are equally as popular, and pretty, so, maybe, just maybe, the word of mouth thing will come into play, and perhaps I can make a survivable living off of this, but, who knows :)

Even when something doesn't seem like a scam... and you think it doesn't sound like they can possibly "get you" with what they're asking for.... Just called me paranoid but photographers carry expensive cameras, gear, lighting.... Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Has anyone heard of a photog being robbed upon arrival. I'm on mm and I was emailed saying that GQ would like me to be one of the photographers for a special event and that they would fly me out there and everything... Anyway, I have too much to loose. I'll just earn my money the old fashion way....

Lynnzora... that GQ offer would be great if true ya know? Hey, ya never know. I'm on MM as well, no offers like that coming my way! :) I feel you on the paranoia however... I'de be very paranoid about hopping a plane to meet and greet with possible thieves, I'de need tons of assurance and proof, but, it's nice to dream about isn't it? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back