Anyone Interested in Starting a Photography Group[online]

look im only 15, and im trying to get a website together, where we can all put up our photos, to get the most views and publicity for them.

Look, if it is important to you, build it and they will come... don't ask people to join something that isn't setup or doesn't yet exist, thats my suggestion. However I do not think you have the resources to compete with the big dogs like flickr, smugmug, photobucket, etc...

Finally, personally, I'm here for the info and knowledge... thats not something a site dedicated to publicising pics can do for me, so I would be out as a prospect.

Like a forum? Interesting idea. You could call it "The Photography Forum" or something.

HAHAHA!:lol:

OMG That was funny.

But seriously, asking people to put their trust in a site that isn't up yet, when you are new to the forum is a little bold. There are plenty of photographers who have been burned by the internet and people using their photos without permission.

It wasn't meant to be insulting. I was simply trying to point out how asinine his idea is. A general photography website (admit it, it's going to be a forum) is destined to fail, because there are so many already out there with large member counts.

You assuming that I'm insulting this kid because of his age says a lot more about you than it does me. Hell, I'm only 20.

Oh, yes. OF COURSE you really were joking and NOT being insulting. How much it says of ME that I simply did NOT see that. Look, whatever.
This guy came on here asking a question and making a suggestion and it just seems some folks here jumped on him a tad. I'm sure he meant no harm.
And if people don't want to join a site or whatever he starts, then they don't have to.
It's really as simple as that.

Oh, yes. OF COURSE you really were joking and NOT being insulting. How much it says of ME that I simply did NOT see that. Look, whatever.
This guy came on here asking a question and making a suggestion and it just seems some folks here jumped on him a tad. I'm sure he meant no harm.
And if people don't want to join a site or whatever he starts, then they don't have to.

Chewy, damn dude time to take a chill pill...:confused:

Fine, want my advice?

Try it. If it fails, no big deal. If it succeeds, come back here and rub our faces in it. Either way, I think it's a little tacky to come to a forum and ask people to "jump ship"

Oh, and Myspace is going to attract a whole lot of garbage "photographers", so be prepared for that.

Actually it says allot about you, that you would call someone a JERK, while failing to see the humor in his retort... You either have no sense of humor, or you lack the intelligence to grasp the concept of his joke... Either way, I'm not impressed...LOL...

ooookay some advice to the OP

1) its often not the best idea to advertise or suggest something within a forum which already offers the same services you are looking to offer - its not very professional and not polite either.

2) setting up a website or group dedicated to a subject needs 2 things - 1 a techy and 2 a pro in the subject area. Without one or the other its going to be very hard to get any popularity or credability

3) if you want to set it up that is fine - set it up and add search engine tags so you will appear on google searches - get your members from there and (after time) from recomendations to others by existing members of your site. There are no professional (or credable) companies or websites that advertise by posting ads in forums - the closest would be approaching the admin of a site and asking for advertising space (which you would have to proably pay for as well). The only other things would be links in blogs and websites of members of your site again.

Follow that advice and you can try setting something up - the internet is very big (some would say too big) and there is nearly always space for "another site" but getting members will take time and can't be solved by quick advertising (most people don't follow the links and if they do rarely do they sign up to anything at the end)

Also that comment about ISO __ BRILLIANT! :)

Actually it says allot about you, that you would call someone a JERK, while failing to see the humor in his retort... You either have no sense of humor, or you lack the intelligence to grasp the concept of his joke... Either way, I'm not impressed...LOL...

**sigh**
I understood the joke, I'm not stupid. I have a sense of humor, as I find LOTS of things funny, but not when I find them to be insulting someone who I didn't feel deserved to be insulted. And I took his remark as INSULTING to the other person.
And, honestly? I don't give a sh*t what you're impressed with or not.

I have seen what went on here and you all let a 15 yr old get under your skin and too start attacking member. Let it drop, and get back to photograghy!

Like the kids say! Take a chill pill!

Most reactions

Back