Anyone ordered from Gadget Infinity?

On one hand we don't like "Reds" for they completely control business and commerce.. in many cases, play unfairly in the market

On the other hand, when "Red China" beats us at our own game (capitalism).. we get mad.

Kinda sounds like we are sore losers.

But

I do understand and I too try to buy goods that will support our country. BUT there is no one to blame for the way things have turned out except the government of the U.S. The blame is shared by the consumerism in America and corporate strength over the government. You can't blame China for furthering their agenda. If the tables were turned, I bet we would be just as a aggressive.

I received my Cactus V2s yesterday (ordered 5 receivers, 1 trigger... and while there, a remote wireless camera trigger for my Nikon D200). They took a little over 2 weeks to arrive. Not bad considering Hong Kong is on the other side if the world.

Anyways, using the original weak batteries, best I could do is 10 paces (~30 feet), before it stopped triggering the flash. Five easy minutes later and I went to 40 paces (~120 feet), before I had to stop or trespass on my neighbor's lawn without yet hiting the limit.

I saw all the different mod variations and read about all the good results people were getting, but I realistically said that if I could double the range, I was more than satisfied. Well I quadrupled the distance, and still had not hit the limits, so I am one happy camper!

Tomorrow I am off to the local radio shack for the battery holders and do the battery mod for my 3 receivers for the SB800/600s. The reason for that is that the receivers work off of expensive batteries that do not last all that long, and I will replace that with an external battery holder that will contain 2 rechargeable AA batteries. The 16-ch triggers use 2 AAA batteries and that pleases me no end. :D

I am very pleased with the performance, but I'm even happier with not needing to spend ~$200Cdn X 6 for pocket wizards or RPs. Basically, unless I find I have a pressing need for longer range iTTL (and after having used the Nikon CLS system and now tested and seeing their range is acceptable), and having tested the GI's, I find that I am not really missing much, except the longer range while under iTTL (which is NOT a real needed for me as far as I can tell), that the Radio Poppers would give me.

Total investment for me was $172 and 5 minutes of my time... you just can't beat that.

2640099689_188b82659e.jpg

2640927216_d860d35cb0.jpg

Oh for those that were wondering... I bought 2 of the 16-channel triggers for my studio strobes, and the cactus transmitter does work very well on them, but only on the 4 channels integrated in the trigger (obviously). :)

For those wondering, I used a single strand of cat 5 network cabing wire (single solid copper strand), cut to exactly 12.39 inches (a full 1/2 wave antenna, I believe), to get the effects that I am acheiving.

Now, tomorrow I have a few new toys to play with! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Hmmm Jerry! I see we cant leave well enough alone. :lol: I love to tinker with stuff I get too.

I plead guilty to tinkering a lot too... lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back