Anyone own the Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Nikkor lens?

inaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If so, I have some specific HELP I need with this lens.
I just purchased this item from Amazon *new*, but it sure looks like the one I received is used.

All items appear new, but the warranty card is perforated and only about the size of a 3"x5" card, and there's no section to mail in any form. Besides the booklet, there was also no other papers inside such as an extended warranty offer, product registration sheet, etc.

If anyone has this lens, can you let me know what paper documents are inside the box?
I just want to ensure I didn't get taken with a used lens, because something seems fishy. Thanks.

Attachments

• booklet.jpg
    booklet.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 182
Who was the seller on Amazon? I'll be shocked if it was sold and shipped by Amazon.

You should have the other papers part of the warranty card included with that lens. It's possible you got a import model and someone was trying to pass it off as a US model.

Last edited:
This was the main page's purchase item. It was "fulfilled by Amazon" by sold by a camera shop. This was not a marketplace sale at all. It was the main listing from the page. This item likely goes in and out of stock from Amazon itself, so when it's out of stock, they likely partner with verified sellers, hence the "fulfilled by Amazon" on the main page.

Just wondering, is that warranty registration card the standard item that is included with the lens, or is there typically and mail-in postcard that was detached from it? There was also no other papers in the box, but again, with the way lenses aren't sealed in plastic even when new, I can't tell if this was used or actually new. Would love any feedback on this.

With my D750 from a local reseller, all I got one a small card similar to that.

I think you just register online, and keep that card. I don't know if anything is mailed anymore?

Thanks, Paul.

Yes, I may be overreacting since I can't find out what's actually in the box. I did find a link to the exact same lens on Crutchfield and aside from the main items, it said it contains:

• Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 11 other languages)
  • Warranty form
  • Product Registration sheet
  • Nikon Extended Warranty offer

I think this thing may be new after all. Not sure. But I did register the serial number online and it didn't get zonked out for being a duplicate. :)

Thanks, Paul.

Yes, I may be overreacting since I can't find out what's actually in the box. I did find a link to the exact same lens on Crutchfield and aside from the main items, it said it contains:

• Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 11 other languages)
  • Warranty form
  • Product Registration sheet
  • Nikon Extended Warranty offer

I think this thing may be new after all. Not sure. But I did register the serial number online and it didn't get zonked out for being a duplicate. :)

Best way you can be 100% sure: Call Nikon, or submit an inquiry through your Nikon account. Provide the necessary details (or you'll have a back and forth of messages for days). If they say your warranty is valid, then print that out as proof, and keep that with your receipt and warranty card, and you're good to go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back