anyone there?

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This place is dead tonight. What's everyone doing? I'm so tired, and I gotta be up for work too soon, but I don't want to go to sleep yet. My husband's away for his Army drill weekend and I hate going to bed when he's not home. Just something so lonely about an empty bed. Hmm..maybe that could be a cool series.

Anyone else an Anne Geddes fan? I was in Barnes and Noble today and saw her new autobiography. Didn't get all the way through it, but what I did read was really interesting.

I know some people think her work is too cliche and contrived or too cutesy, but I don't think anyone can deny that her images are beautiful. Looking back, I think some of her earlier albums are what helped me fall in love with photography. Might sound stupid to some, but I've always loved the human essence that she has been able to capture and her creativity in capturing it.

Anyway, hello and goodnight to anyone else out there.

One of those nights huh?
Mmm-hmm.

You know, that could be a cool idea for a series too. I'm picturing the main subject in the foreground kind of slumped over, elbows on the knees and one or both hand in the hair or under the chin and eyes straight to the camera with a 'one of those nights' expression on their face.

Then in the background you get a slightly out of focus view of what has made their night so overwhelming....kids in pajamas out of control when it is obviously bedtime...or a living room with a pooch who has torn apart the couch cushions...or a big heaping mess of dishes in the kitchen sink...or a mother-in-law swiping the mantel with a white glove with a disapproving look ;)...I dunno. I suppose it could take a much sadder/darker tone too, but I like the idea of everyday frustrations more.

I really need to go to bed.

One of Photography's great uses is as therapy. Used right it can help you work things out and say what you would not normally be able to voice.
Check out the work of Jo Spence to see what I mean (Warning - her work is rather disturbing and contains nudity).

One of Photography's great uses is as therapy. Used right it can help you work things out and say what you would not normally be able to voice.
Check out the work of Jo Spence to see what I mean (Warning - her work is rather disturbing and contains nudity).

That is some powerful photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back