Anyone Try This Lighting Kit?

Wow! Maybe take a deep breath first and find all the info you can on lighting. Scott Kelby lighting books or many others! Learn what you need before buying. Why spend money that you dont know what you are spending it on!

You have 1 SB so that is a start. One more SB like a 900 or 700 or used 800 or 600 and then 2 stands to hold them and then buy modifiers and start practicing! There is a book all about just shooting with SPEEDLIGHTS it is call Lights Camera, Capture. He does most of his work with just speedlights and modifiers!

You will then need radio poppers if you dont want to have line of site issues!

Hey its the babbling i was going to do :lol:

Although i agree that he should learn before he spends to much money the cost of the kit does not surpass the price of a SB 700 unit by much anyway. Personally i think the SB would be more flexible however I will also be getting some studio lights soon as the batterie limitations of my Speedlight just dont allow me to have 1000+ full power shots.

So im torn on what to suggest. I dont see a problem with him messing with studio lighting as it is not a huge expensive kit.

should i read up? yup. but would i rather get it and figure it all out myself? yup. 2 things....i hate books. and have no time. lol id rather just jump right in. i did it with my camera...i did it with photo shop. so why stop there? if the lights are good i dont see how its wasting my money. however buying books i prob wont read and can gain the same knowledge online seems like a waste. i suppose every forum question can be answered in a book...then this forum would be pointless...cant have that!

should i read up? yup. but would i rather get it and figure it all out myself? yup. 2 things....i hate books. and have no time. lol id rather just jump right in. i did it with my camera...i did it with photo shop. so why stop there? if the lights are good i dont see how its wasting my money. however buying books i prob wont read and can gain the same knowledge online seems like a waste. i suppose every forum question can be answered in a book...then this forum would be pointless...cant have that!

Im with you on the wanting a hands on learning but you will still need to read up on how to do things. I would not consider the kits as "good" just by there price point. Now in saying this i have never actually used it so i by no means know this as fact. But the price point seems to low for then to be "good" now im sure they are great to start and learn but if you ting they well be amazing then i feel you will be disappointed.

Im with you on the wanting a hands on learning but you will still need to read up on how to do things. I would not consider the kits as "good" just by there price point. Now in saying this i have never actually used it so i by no means know this as fact. But the price point seems to low for then to be "good" now im sure they are great to start and learn but if you ting they well be amazing then i feel you will be disappointed.

i see everyone on here rocking the flashpoint 320m. i was hoping for more sample pics. ive taken incredible pics with just bouncing my sb-600. i just like to do things like white out the picture or blackout the whole thing except my subject. which you can sort of do in PP but i dont wanna. man thing i need is a damn backdrop! instead of just laying my cloths over couches and beds! :lmao:

I've heard mainly negative reviews about cowboy equipment. One person on another forum, I think it was POTN, was angry they they wouldn't fix/replace his strobe that caught on fire outside of their 30 day warranty.

I've heard mainly negative reviews about cowboy equipment. One person on another forum, I think it was POTN, was angry they they wouldn't fix/replace his strobe that caught on fire outside of their 30 day warranty.

SWEET they double as a space heater :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back