Anyone up for a shot?

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4224506938_d703357630.jpg

Bigger version can be seen on my flickr, in my signature.

love how you captured that shot

looks like its the condensation ...but that could just be my newbe eyes :lmao:

Thanks everyone.

The edges may be outside of the DOF a little... Pretty sure this was at f/5.6, which still isn't much at that range.

Could also be condensation (though I don't remember there being any). It could also just be from the light...

LOL, that's a lot of 'coulds'...

I think the most likely problem is the DOF though.
Maybe I'll do another one tonight at f/8 or f/11 - see how that goes.

I would just do it now...but I'm not sure if I want to start doing shots this early, lol. Maybe after lunch.

Last edited:
OK, here's one more.

I think the issues on the first one were a combination of condensation and small DOF.

4225796907_774022246b.jpg

All sizes here.

I really like the second attempt. The lens flaring makes this shot a winner, and the shutter speed was just long enough so that it gives movement to the shot. Very well done.

Thanks guys.

and the shutter speed was just long enough so that it gives movement to the shot.

Yeah, that in itself is a little surprising to me... I never really thought of tequila having little bubbles that would move around. I've never really sat there and stared at a shot for that long before either though. Usually, it doesn't stay in the glass very long...lol.

edit
The flare is from a 6pt star filter.

That's tequila? wow, if I would have guessed, I would have said it was champagne.

Yeah, weird huh?

It might be because it's cold...? I don't know. I don't usually keep tequila in the freezer, but I accidentally broke the cap to this bottle (overtightened it...cracked it down the side) so I've been keeping it cold. I don't really know why that made sense to me, lol.

It's a little weird drinking ice cold tequila...it's pretty thick, lol. But extra smooth.

I don't know. I don't usually keep tequila in the freezer, .......
:shock:

It's the only proper place to keep tequila. Trust me, I know these things. :lol:

With the first shot, I was thinking Goldschlager or something.

I don't really know why that made sense to me, lol.
That's the tequila. :lol:

Heck, I thought it might even be beer in the shot glass with the bubbles there. I also keep tequila in the freezer, and you're making me wish I was at home with a nice drink instead of being stuck at work still!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back