What's new

Anyone use ON1 photo raw software?

Rickbb70 9

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
1,247
Location
Central North Carolina USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I liked the pitch about not being a subscription, buy it once and own it. So, I went for it. Supposed to be a LRC look alike.

But I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

Very, very slow. As in I apply an edit, just one, and it takes forever to do its thing and refresh the image. I've even walked away, for hours, even days. Still not doing anything.

Is it me, my PC, (it runs heavy edits in LRC/Photoshop just fine).

Or have I been taken by slick marketing and just wasted my money? (It wasn't much, some kind of sale, etc.)
 
Hmmmmm, what is your computer setup?

This setup runs LRC and Photoshop, among other software with no issues, quite fast at most.

Windows 11 Pro 25H2 64bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (3.19 GHz)
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (128 MB)
345 GB of 1.82 TB used
 
I 've been using ON1 Photo Raw for a couple years now.
When I first used it in 2024, it was slow due to my computer
After purchasing a new computer exceeding ON1's minimum requirements,
no problems.
 
I 've been using ON1 Photo Raw for a couple years now.
When I first used it in 2024, it was slow due to my computer
After purchasing a new computer exceeding ON1's minimum requirements,
no problems.

After looking into it more seems I will have to add a graphics card. Not sure adding a $300 card to run $39 software is worth it.
 
I tried the trial version with no problems. Yes its a bit of a learning curve swithing to a new program. Maybe you do not have enough Ram or Hard Drivebuffer space to run things?

I am running an Intel Core i5 2.5ghz, 32gb ram and a Nvidia Geforce RTX 4060 8GB video.
Also I run my C drive (2TB with primarily 1.5Tb free space) with just the OS and program files. I keep all other files and data on my D Drive which is a 4TB ddrive.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom