Anyone using Lume Cubes?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
came across these in the description of a pretty cool photo. Just curious if anyone has tried them.

Never heard of them... Interesting.

Sounds like something you use to make a fruity umbrella drink. What are they? What do they do?

I have the 2.0 version. Just got it and have yet to use it much. I think that to really make it useful one to get at least two. I mount mine on one of those mini tripods so I can move it around to get the desired coverage.

Also, beyond photography it will be very useful for repair projects where light is low. For example I need to replace a fuse so all of the power must be off. I will setup the Lume cube to illuminate the fuse box while I work on it.

Wish I could add more but I have simply not had a chance to use it much at this point.

Sounds like something you use to make a fruity umbrella drink. What are they? What do they do?

Probably would have been better if Siri didn’t auto correct my lume into lime...

Lume Cube 2.0 Adjustable LED for Photo & Video - ACCESSORIES INCLUDED

SPECS
  • 1.6" x 1.6" size (approx. the size of a Golf Ball)
  • True Daylight Balanced 5600K Color Temp & 95+ CRI
  • Custom Lens /w 80º Beam Angle and ZERO Hot Spots
  • USB-C Charging
  • Durable Aluminum Body & Water to 30 feet
  • 750 LUX @ 1M
  • 1.5 Hour Run Time @ 100% Output
  • 2 Button Control System (increase & decrease brightness manually)
  • Wirelessly Control via Lume-X iPhone/Android App from 60 feet away
  • 360º Optical Sensor for Slave Flash Capability
  • Built-in 1/4" 20 for Tripod Mounting
  • Low Light Mode (adjust in 1% increments) for Night Photography
  • Accessories Included (Shoe Mount, Warming Gel, Diffuser, etc)

I have the 2.0 version. Just got it and have yet to use it much. I think that to really make it useful one to get at least two. I mount mine on one of those mini tripods so I can move it around to get the desired coverage.

Also, beyond photography it will be very useful for repair projects where light is low. For example I need to replace a fuse so all of the power must be off. I will setup the Lume cube to illuminate the fuse box while I work on it.

Wish I could add more but I have simply not had a chance to use it much at this point.

Keep me posted on your thoughts on these. For the portability alone they seem liken they would be super handy to have.

I have 2 of the suckers and have used them in the past. I bought them primarily for underwater photography (I've got a camera housing for shooting underwater but nothing for lights--the Lume Cubes are workable without any housing up to 10 feet depth I believe--maybe deeper.

A couple of quick comments: if you like continuous light--especially for shooting products or a still life (so you can see where the shadows fall and easily manipulate the setup then they'll be perfect for you. I too will sometimes put them on a mini-tripod. If you leave them on continuously they get really very hot--too hot to hold and potentially dangerous I'd think next to something flammable. They can also be set up as slaves (though I have yet to use them in that fashion). I haven't tried using the app (though I downloaded it)--it sounds promising but I couldn't figure it out or how I'd use it after I opened it.

Given the price, the size, I think they're a must-have. They fit in to a side pocket easily, can recharge quickly.

Last edited:
I have 2 of the suckers and have used them in the past. I bought them primarily for underwater photography (I've got a camera housing for shooting underwater but nothing for lights--the Lume Cubes are workable without any housing up to 10 feet depth I believe--maybe deeper.

A couple of quick comments: if you like continuous like--especially for shooting products or a still life (so you can see where the shadows fall and easily manipulate the setup then they'll be perfect for you. I too will sometimes put them on a mini-tripod. If you leave them on continuously they get really very hot--to hot to hold and potentially dangerous I'd think next to something flammable. They can also be set up as slaves (though I have yet to use them in that fashion). I haven't tried using the app (though I downloaded it)--it sounds promising but I couldn't figure it out or how I'd use it after I opened it.

Given the price, the size, I think they're a must-have. They fit in to a side pocket easily, can recharge quickly.

Great info and mini review. Adding two of these to my wishlist!

Look so much more modern than the candles I've been using!

Do they list a flash guide number somewhere? Specs say waterproof to 30 feet!

Just opened Instagram...first ad was for Limecubes!

Sounds like something for my Gin and Tonic........:)

Keep me posted on your thoughts on these. For the portability alone they seem liken they would be super handy to have.

Now that I think of it, I had just gotten it when you issued the macro challenge and I used it along with bouncing the built in flash, to illuminate this very dusty subject. I know you enjoy shooting flowers and I think one of these would be handy to have when doing so. I really think a pair is a better way to go but I wanted to test the waters first. Again, I have mine on one of those 1 foot flexible mini tripods so I can position it as needed.

Weekly challenge 1/18 - 1/24 We haven't had a macro challenge in a while!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back