Anyone watches the foreign movies?

Haven't seen a foreign movie in a few years. (But then again, I don't see that many movies at all, foreign or otherwise!) I think the last one I saw was "The Lives of Others" - German movie. It was outstanding.

But I do enjoy them. It's interesting to see how different cultures tell a story.

I have seen a lot of foreign movies. Mostly American.

If seriously, my favourite non-Hollywood director is Pedro Almodovar (Spain). Probably he is my favourite director full stop.
Tarantino comes second.

I have seen a lot of foreign movies. Mostly American.

Same here, where all USA movies are foreign to me... Always with subtitles...
My prefered foreign director/actor has always been Woody Allen.

Hadn't particularly seen many but watch a lot of old B&W movies on TCM and lately they've been showing foreign films from time to time. Fellini is good but was postwar Italy ever depressing. His films seem to really stay with you and not in a particularly comfortable way but memorable.

The Grand Illusion was on around the 100th anniversary of WW!, long and not easy to stay with it thru the whole thing but a fascinating look at life then. What's interesting is seeing life in another country in another time.

Any movie I watch is a foreign(Holywood) movie :345:

But I've seen all kinds: french, Italian, Japanese (a lot of them from Akira Kurosawa), Pakistani, Chinese, Korean, Persian(Iran), Spanish, and am constantly surprised by the things we miss out on just because we don't speak the language.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back