What's new

Mamiya Press Camera shooting dud exposures occasionally

mamiyapress67

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’ve been using this camera body for about 6 years. It’s a tank ! However the film backs break about once a year .. so I’ve been through about 5 now - get to a point where they stop stopping at frame 1 when loading and will just burn through rolls . At that point I’ve replaced them . I’m on my second 100mm lens now also - my first still works just has seen better days . You can see the dud exposures on the two rolls to the left . Was curious if you think it’s an issue with the film backs / pressure plate . And or a lens malfunction? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0018.webp
    IMG_0018.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
Film backs leak light or occasionally don't advance correctly. But since you're dealing with leaf shutter lenses, I'd vote for a sticky shutter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom