anything in SW Indiana worth photographing???

Maybe go to the big cat sanctuary (about 3/4 between Indy and Terre Haute and a bit south)
Exotic Feline Rescue Center

tn_2009_11_07_12_33_55_0003_crop.jpg

It doesn't get any cooler than that!!

Also, there are 2 nice state parks in about the same area. Turkey Run is one of them. They have some nice areas that are preserved from the Jurassic period.

Maybe go to the big cat sanctuary (about 3/4 between Indy and Terre Haute and a bit south)

Also, there are 2 nice state parks in about the same area. Turkey Run is one of them. They have some nice areas that are preserved from the Jurassic period.

I hadn't heard of that place, I'll have to check it out. Is 200mm long enough for decent shots?

You obviously have done no research at all. With out searching anything on the web and just going by memmory. Muskegon submarine and ship, Grand Haven, Holland, Indiana Dunes National Lake shore and Mt. Baldy. Indianapolis War Memorials etc.

Thanks, I'm glad you think I havent looked anything up. But, I have looked a bit. ALSO...I live by Grand Haven, Mount Baldhead, Holland, Muskegon, Grand Rapids, I don't need to go there, I am there all week. The thing about michigan is we have beautiful scenery all around us, forests, Great Lakes, dunes, fall foilage. I am driving down the west side of Indiana not through Indianapolis. Thanks anyway though.

Actually I was taking a shot at the inaccuracy of the title not so much your research. I figured you knew about all theses things in "your back yard"

At any rate I have been quite a few places with camera in hand. "things" generally come back lifeless and ho hum with out the people element in them. Like the bridge that the poster had a photo of. The train (human element) added hugely to the interest level of that subject.

Therefor I suggest you find out what wingding is going on where you are going. One of the coolest that I ever took was a Native Pow Wow. People always are attracted to those photos and comment. (some Natives don't want photos however) Find a colorful, activity filled people event and get some good shots of people in a setting. A fair/carnival is always good. Lots of whirling, spinning and stuff going on. Even small time local stuff can be a surprise.

I hadn't heard of that place, I'll have to check it out. Is 200mm long enough for decent shots?

I don't know as I have not been there, but I would assume so. Some of the big cats are very close, like in a zoo type cage, so anything would work.

I don't know as I have not been there, but I would assume so. Some of the big cats are very close, like in a zoo type cage, so anything would work.

buddy from work just went out there last week, he said your way closer to them then you are at a zoo. he was saying like on some there was like a chain link fence then maybe 5' to another fence where the tigers were. he said it was nothing like seeing them at the zoo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back