AP Studio Art Concentration

Madison E

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, here are some of my most recent works that I did for my AP Studio Art class. My concentration is basically my 'relationship' with dolls in a not weird and creepy way... well the photos are pretty weird, but not weird if you get what I mean.

These are all self-portraits.

Thoughts/Opinions are appreciated.
I'm an amateur mostly self-taught photographer and still have much to learn.

JgRSNrR.jpg

Spare Parts - Won a Gold Key in my state for the Scholastic Art and Writing awards.

fXXWg72.jpg

One of Them.

hO0czUb.jpg

Life In Plastic.

(PS. I've noticed that when posting these, the lighting looks a bit splotchy and weird on the first two photos, the files don't actually look that weird on my computer, I just think something weird must've happened when transferring them from my computer, to imgur, to here.)

Wow, that first one is really great!

Thank you! It won a gold key in my state for the Scholastics Art and Writing Awards, and will move on to the national judging. However, it is very unlikely it will win anything nationally haha. One can hope though. :p

Thank you! It won a gold key in my state for the Scholastics Art and Writing Awards, and will move on to the national judging. However, it is very unlikely it will win anything nationally haha. One can hope though. :p
That's great! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out, and definitely post more of your work. Very interesting!

Yes! I agree that the first is deserving of recognition for sure. Very imaginative. Good luck in the national competition and please don't feel guilty in tooting your own horn. You deserve it!

First, I have to admit that I have a big fear of dolls - I guess I've watched too many scary movies. :)

That aside, I completely agree with others - I think that first one is great, photographically and conceptually. Regardless of state or national awards, you should be very proud of that photo. Great job!

I might have added a hair light to give just a bit of definition from doll to background, but then I think that might detract from the mood - would love to hear others' thoughts on that.

Love the third one. the symmetry nails it.

I like the first one, and absolutely love the third one, with the yellow hair and the aqua dress. Very nice to see such vision and talent in a young person. I took a bunch of AP classes back in the day--one of the best things I did in hs, academically. Keep up the good work!

You did really great work Madison!

Yes! I agree that the first is deserving of recognition for sure. Very imaginative. Good luck in the national competition and please don't feel guilty in tooting your own horn. You deserve it!
First, I have to admit that I have a big fear of dolls - I guess I've watched too many scary movies. :)

That aside, I completely agree with others - I think that first one is great, photographically and conceptually. Regardless of state or national awards, you should be very proud of that photo. Great job!

I might have added a hair light to give just a bit of definition from doll to background, but then I think that might detract from the mood - would love to hear others' thoughts on that.
Love the third one. the symmetry nails it.
I like the first one, and absolutely love the third one, with the yellow hair and the aqua dress. Very nice to see such vision and talent in a young person. I took a bunch of AP classes back in the day--one of the best things I did in hs, academically. Keep up the good work!
You did really great work Madison!

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a response like this from everyone, thank you all so much! :)

Welcome to the forum!
You got the response you deserve. :)
Talent plus imagination.
I'll keep my eyes open for more of your postings. :icon_cheers:

(PS. I've noticed that when posting these, the lighting looks a bit splotchy and weird on the first two photos, the files don't actually look that weird on my computer, I just think something weird must've happened when transferring them from my computer, to imgur, to here.)
The data may have gotten compressed somewhere along the line.

The first one is really cool. I like it. Do more! I mean really, that's some creative work.

The second one reminds me of something but I can't think what. For some reason I wanna say some '80's style music videos?? But I'm watching a New Order in concert performance so that probably just took me there.

Seriously, if you keep entering exhibitions etc., I've found with juried art exhibits you never know for any given show or juror. From what I understand it can depend sometimes on if a piece of art will fit with the rest of the exhibit for display, so keep trying and looking for what might be a good match for your style.

Love the concept and lighting in #1. You’re very talented. Keep sharing your work!

The second one reminds me of something but I can't think what. For some reason I wanna say some '80's style music videos?? But I'm watching a New Order in concert performance so that probably just took me there.

Max Headroom?

Madison, congrats and honestly really well done!
Like #1
#2 the lighting is just too harsh. I wouldn't care what judges said.
I can understand why they would pick number #1 as a winner but I personally like #3 I think.
Why? YouTube Tom Petty "Don't come around here no more"
You've taken the girl from the clip. That pic could hang on one of the walls in the video clip and totally fit in.
It also has the same feel to it as the clip.
I always thought the girl in the clip was hot btw so can't help but prefer #3. Yeah, I'm a guy. lol

I also think you were born in the wrong decade. That is imagery of an 80's teenager.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back