What's new

Aperture & pics for beginner

Ok, try this. You are limited because of your camera, but you can still create depth of field with any camera.

Make sure your subject has a good distance between it and the background. For example, take a chair into your backyard and put it in the middle of the yard, a good ways from the house. Then, with your camera on f/2.8, zoom in all the way. Then back up until you can get the chair in the picture. Take the shot and see what you get.
 
Thank you for the advice, as soon as I read it I had to try but as it was raining heavily I opted to trying a similar set up indoors. Am even more frustrated now because I can see how and why it should work but it doesnt because I switch the dial to A then aperture setting to f2.8 and then as soon as I try and zoom in the camera changes the aperture setting higher and it will not allow it to be lowered how dumb is that.

Me and this camera have had words it thinks I am dumb and I think it is dumb only just purchased it and already thinking how i can save a whole heap of cash to buy a dslr, I know you should not blame the tools but on this occasion I feel I have to stupid stupid camera.

I did gets a few very pretty pictures of my two little ones though in the frustration.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom