Aperture wide open [self-portrait/lighting practice]

tingeliM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got an iritis in my left eye and I got these eye drops that make the pupil dilate, so I just HAD to take a photo of these crazy eyes.
The lighting was done with just two standard lamps with little spotlights on them on both sides of the camera. I forgot to put pieces of paper in front of the spots, though, so the shadows are what they are..
Any tips and tricks for low-budget home "studio" and SPs are very welcome. Let me know what you think! =)

_big.jpg

Canon EOS 500D + 50mm 1.8 II
ISO200 1/25 f/3.2

_big.jpg

Canon EOS 500D + 50mm 1.8 II
ISO200 1/20 f/3.2​

Ohhh lol. When I first saw your eyes I was like OMG.But there is an explanation. :p

It would be pretty wicked if you just had the ability to make them change shapes.My friend can make her eyes vibrate. It's kind of weird.

#1 makes you look like the crazy person portrayed in cartoons. Great photos.

I like #2, without the duckface, quite a bit more. The unequal pupil size is very unusual,and really stands out.

Nice! Love them both.

I missed this the first time, but glad I was trolling around and saw it.

I do agree with the creepy cool! Love the first one.

Thanks for sharing!

Shooting "wide open" refers to shooting at the maximum aperture of the lens...

As far as I can tell (IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT) f/3.2 =/= f/1.8

Don't get me wrong, shooting wide open does not render the sharpest of images, or even have a focal plane worth using. So kudos to you for not shooting wide open.

Maybe she meant HER aperture was wide open... ?

At any rate, I prefer the expression in the first pic. Great idea :)

The first pic is a great expression. I'd like to see you REALLY amp up the crazy in the posing & wardrobe though. How often does someone get an opportunity to shoot eyes like that? I wanna see full-on looney-bin! :)

Shooting "wide open" refers to shooting at the maximum aperture of the lens...

As far as I can tell (IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT) f/3.2 =/= f/1.8

Don't get me wrong, shooting wide open does not render the sharpest of images, or even have a focal plane worth using. So kudos to you for not shooting wide open.

Go ahead. Take another look at the photos and put some thought into it...;)

Maybe she meant HER aperture was wide open... ?

At any rate, I prefer the expression in the first pic. Great idea :)

dakkon got it ;)

The first pic is a great expression. I'd like to see you REALLY amp up the crazy in the posing & wardrobe though. How often does someone get an opportunity to shoot eyes like that? I wanna see full-on looney-bin! :)

I hereby promise to do this. I'm trowing the photography ball to my friend though as I'm visiting her in a couple of weeks. I will share the results. :D

Definitely on the verge of duck face.

On the verge is still not a duckface. ;) Especially if you think about the whole duckface concept in the typical context and style (bad-teenage-wnb-cute-bleach-blonde-fashion-victim-how-cool-is-my-orange-tan-girls).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back