Apple Aperature

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to digital photography and have been using the 30 day trial of Apple Aperature (I have a Mac laptop) for the RAW and simple post processing of my files.

It seams that most people prefer other software programs. I know down the road I will probably want Photoshop, but I am intimidated by it right now. It seams to be too much.

After my trial period is up, I plan on trying Adobe Photoshop Elements.

My question is if there is anything wrong with Aperature for adjusting contrast, white balance, color, saturation, etc. I am just starting to understand and play with these, and the program appears to be very good for these type of adjustments.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

-Andy

I don't have any experience with Aperture, but I have been using Lightroom 2 lately and it is a very powerful tool for doing basic photo processing and it is far less than the full version of PS CS4. I don't have any experience with Elements either, but I know they designed Lightroom for photographers where Elements was just made as a basic version of photoshop. Adobe has free trials available at there site to try it out. I and many other members of this group would highly recommend it.

Well, if you don't have a Mac you can't use it.

...stupid Apple people think we want Aperture... well, Lightroom's better! :grumpy:

:drool:

I'm just kidding. It's great. But also consider Lightroom. Whichever feels better, go for it. They're both the top two leading raw converter's, so...

Even JPG retouching works.

Aperture, Lightroom, it doesn't matter which you use. But you should probably use one. Both are amazing ways to process lots of images quickly.

Thank you all very much. I will check out Lightroom as well.

I have both Aperture and Lightroom - and for what I need, which is nothing elaborate at all - I love working with Lightroom. I found Aperture to be a bit cumbersome, or maybe I didn't have the patience to read through all of the instructions/materials et al...I love Lightroom 2, it's very easy to use, and I like easy.

Good Luck!

I used Aperture and Lightroom, Aperture is a good program unless your laptop is a 2.4+ intel core 2 duo with min 4Gb memory, otherwise Lightroom is better for you and it is more user friendly.

Most reactions

Back