Apple iPad Anyone?

do-want.jpg

having a hard time seeing the point... only 16-64gb? it looks like a bigger version of the i phone and thats it. Sorry. For all the hype about it in the last month, this was a major let down. You can expect that a few willbuy it for games and be severly disappointed by the battery life. Besides that the thin LED screen will break way too easily if dropped (will happen) or get crushed if put into a bag with a heavy object.

I think it still has a ways to go. I really think it needs a camera for video conferencing or iChat, the ability to multitask and I would also like to see a bigger HD.

If you're interested in discussing it more, check this site out: Apple iPad Forum

forget the Ipad!
I want the Iflea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an Apple fan but don't see the need for that overpriced Iphone.

If they combined a Macbook and an Iphone at that price I would be all over it!

I can see it being useful for browsing the web around the house and as a eBook. But for min. $500 the apps will have to be very impressive to replace my existing laptop.

I want to know if you can use it like any other tablet, by writing on the screen with some sort of stylus...In this case I'd think your finger would do the trick. That would be the reason I want one. I've been waiting for a tablet from Apple for quite a while.

from their website:

"I Pad: Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price"

Ummm.... hello Apple?? You came out with that like 3 years ago when you brought out the I Touch!!! Now you just made the ITouch bigger and put 3G in it... how "revolutionary" of you....

(and I only use mac, so its not like I'm a windows fan on here talking smack or anything... i just really don't see the big deal in it. I'd rather save and get an AirMac if I want something light to travel with and just keep my IPhone in my pocket) :scratch:

If you consider the price point, it does offer a lot of features. Not to mention, it would be nice to have that big screen to show off all your photos or videos on. I think it could be a good work tool.

for the money, i'd rather get this: Time Capsule - 2TB - Apple Store (U.S.) that way its one drive and everything that is connected to my network can access it, even my iphone. no more flash media or "oh, its on my other computer"... now this is something Apple should be proud of... wish it wasn't so expensive...

On the other hands, 4Nine... that would be the ONLY reason I could see purchasing it, is to bring it to a sales consultation for pictures, like you said it... in that case it would be pretty convenient...

but..... for the cash I'd probably buy a time capsule instead of another computer display....

You can't make calls with it
It doesn't do SMS/MMS
It doesn't have a camera
It doesn't have USB
It can't multi-task
It doesn't even have GPS

It's a watered down iPod Touch with 4x's the screen size and 1/2 the features.

I was hoping for more.

It's a toy unfortunately, not a serious business tool. It would be great if all I did all day was play games and surf iTunes for hip games and surfed the web. There's no way I would pack this thing with my MacBook Pro... I'll just buy a MacBook Air and call it a day...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back