What's new

Apple pie

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
904
Location
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A study on plates...

Applepiewithfruit_zps3236f741.jpg


Flatdish_zpsd1125c5d.jpg


Forgot to sprinkle some icing sugar and no fresh parsley in the frig, sigh...

Cheers, Don
 
Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.
 
Looks yummy, Don! I find the tablecloth complimentary, actually....it doesn't have the bright colors of the fruit, or the warmth of the pie.
 
Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.

I agree. I like the tablecloth. Not as much as that pie though...

Sudden cravings for apple pie....
 
lol. nice shots... looks like in the second shot the blueberry's were starting to dry out.
 
Looks delicious. Great photography too.

Thank you !

Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.

Thx.... see below

Looks yummy, Don! I find the tablecloth complimentary, actually....it doesn't have the bright colors of the fruit, or the warmth of the pie.

Thanks Charlie, I tried wood and then a solid weave beige cloth first and found the multi-color cloth worked the best. Perhaps it's my Italian heritage coming out :)

Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.

I agree. I like the tablecloth. Not as much as that pie though...

Sudden cravings for apple pie....

If you are craving pie the images must work :)

lol. nice shots... looks like in the second shot the blueberry's were starting to dry out.

Thank you...

Did you not notice ?

The "shots" were about the plates and the only available fruit was frozen, he, he...

Cheers, Don
 
*insert drooling smiley here*
 
A study on plates...

Forgot to sprinkle some icing sugar and no fresh parsley in the frig, sigh...

Cheers, Don

I'd think rather than parsley, you'd want some drizzled raspberry sauce, or chocolate sauce or something, since it's dessert.

Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.

There was a tablecloth?? :lmao:
I never got past the PIE... :drool:(I've always wondered; is it just me, or does anyone else think the "drool" emoticon looks more like it's hurling?)

Did you not notice ?

The "shots" were about the plates and the only available fruit was frozen, he, he...

Cheers, Don

There were PLATES? :lmao:
 
I do not like the table cloth...it fights with pie and fruit. For me it is a tad bright, it would look nicer with falloff in the background. There is some juice forming at the base of the the fruit that just before you shoot you clean up. FYI when using frozen fruit it helps to soak the fruit in water for about 20 min to hydrate the fruit....it is hard to be photographer and stylist all at the same time. Nice job...hope the pie was tasty..looks so!
 
*insert drooling smiley here*

:)

A study on plates...

Forgot to sprinkle some icing sugar and no fresh parsley in the frig, sigh...

Cheers, Don

I'd think rather than parsley, you'd want some drizzled raspberry sauce, or chocolate sauce or something, since it's dessert.

That does make more sense. I'm always leary of using anything non edible just to dress up a dish but sometimes you just need a bit of color :)

Looks delicious but I find the tablecloth competeing for visual interest.

There was a tablecloth?? :lmao:
I never got past the PIE... :drool:(I've always wondered; is it just me, or does anyone else think the "drool" emoticon looks more like it's hurling?) You're not alone, I think so 2 :)

Did you not notice ?

The "shots" were about the plates and the only available fruit was frozen, he, he...

Cheers, Don

There were PLATES? :lmao:

LOL

In order to get these shots, three apple pies and two peach pies came to a timely end..

AppleandPeachpies_zpsd2ec27d6.jpg


Cheers, Don
 
Last edited:
I do not like the table cloth...it fights with pie and fruit. For me it is a tad bright, it would look nicer with falloff in the background. There is some juice forming at the base of the the fruit that just before you shoot you clean up. FYI when using frozen fruit it helps to soak the fruit in water for about 20 min to hydrate the fruit....it is hard to be photographer and stylist all at the same time. Nice job...hope the pie was tasty..looks so!

Thanks Robert,

The light is a little hot from the side but at the time I liked what it did to the peaches. The table cloth may be a little "dated" but I still like the addition of colors..

As I said, the shoot was about the plates and the frozen fruit was available. The "store" is an hour away and I just needed a visual reference to convince myself to move away from using the deep dish which is a hard, shiny, reflective white.

Next time I bake I'll be sure to have fresh fruit on hand. BTW - the apples were fresh and the pies Were tasty :)

Cheers, Don
 
I do not like the table cloth...it fights with pie and fruit. For me it is a tad bright, it would look nicer with falloff in the background. There is some juice forming at the base of the the fruit that just before you shoot you clean up. FYI when using frozen fruit it helps to soak the fruit in water for about 20 min to hydrate the fruit....it is hard to be photographer and stylist all at the same time. Nice job...hope the pie was tasty..looks so!

Thanks Robert,

The light is a little hot from the side but at the time I liked what it did to the peaches. The table cloth may be a little "dated" but I still like the addition of colors..

As I said, the shoot was about the plates and the frozen fruit was available. The "store" is an hour away and I just needed a visual reference to convince myself to move away from using the deep dish which is a hard, shiny, reflective white.

Next time I bake I'll be sure to have fresh fruit on hand. BTW - the apples were fresh and the pies Were tasty :)

Cheers, Don
You earned the right to gloat -- w/the baking AND the photography -- thanks for sharing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom