What's new

Apple

TheNevadanStig

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
693
Reaction score
597
Location
Reno, NV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been attempting lately to get more creative with photography. I already know I want to revisit this with a different angle and better backdrop, but figured I'd post it up anyways.

001 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr
 
Interesting shot...what did you use to hold those slices of apples?

Just a metal skewer. Its a composite of two images, each made a layer in Photoshop. Makes it really easy to just erase the skewer. Trick is to make sure the tripod stays really steady and absolutely nothing moves:

001-27.jpg


002-29.jpg
 
Funny apple tip... if you dip the cut pieces in lemon juice they won't brown. (not that yours is very brown, but I think there's a little)
 
Really neat effect!! Thanks for sharing! I feel like I'm watching the apple slice itself and swap plates. Love it'
 
I'd clone out the light switch top right. Doesn't really add anything to the image.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Funny apple tip... if you dip the cut pieces in lemon juice they won't brown. (not that yours is very brown, but I think there's a little)

Thanks! I did end up rushing things a bit because it was just starting to brown. I'll have to try it next time. Just have to remember to rinse them off before eating.
 
I'd clone out the light switch top right. Doesn't really add anything to the image.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My first post is the actual image. The images with the switch visible were just to show how I did it.
 
Funny apple tip... if you dip the cut pieces in lemon juice they won't brown. (not that yours is very brown, but I think there's a little)

Thanks! I did end up rushing things a bit because it was just starting to brown. I'll have to try it next time. Just have to remember to rinse them off before eating.

No problem. Glad to help in a totally non-photography manner. :lol:

Actually I bet they'd be yummy with the little zing of lemon.
 
I'd clone out the light switch top right. Doesn't really add anything to the image.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My first post is the actual image. The images with the switch visible were just to show how I did it.

Duhhhhh. Haha. smart call ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's really cool. My eyes are drawn to the seeds in the left apple halve, not sure if that's good or bad? Maybe you could burn 'em a tad or something in another go-round?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom