TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gloppix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Arashiyama - Kyoto

XzjF8dj.jpg

I agree this is a fascinating photo but poorly rendered. Could be stunning with post processing

I agree this is a fascinating photo but poorly rendered. Could be stunning with post processing
I'm not good with post processing, I ususally do the same few things:
- lens correction
- adjust the exposure
- "Auto" to the "tone" panel to have a base, then I adjust a bit the sliders
- clarity
- a bit of saturation just because during the conversion to jpg it will drop

I wish I was the person to assist with PP. It's one of the issues I also struggle with. The easiest methods for me is to use Nix software. There are lots of instructions on YouTube. One of my favorites is Robin Whaley.
Best wishes
Joe

Please take a look at the version from Nix software

Attachments

• XzjF8dj.jpg
    XzjF8dj.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 198
I just go into Photoshop and use Remove Color, and adjust brightness/contrast as needed. But that seems to depend on getting a proper exposure. Same thing in the darkroom, if I have a well exposed negative I can get a nice print without much adjustment.

It's a nicely composed image. I don't see a lot of contrast, not a lot of black, but on that sunny day probably should see more whites rather than light grays. I learned to get a 'black black' and a 'white white' somewhere in the image, even if it's small areas. I see almost a black black but not a white white, at least not how it shows up to me on here. You might just need to brighten up the whole image then adjust contrast for the black shaded areas like along the ends of the boats.

Yes it's true you can't make as much change but take a look at what I did, in a previous post, with what he had.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back