Arches, St Peters, Rdg, Pa

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second photo from my walk around town today. Like the church doors I posted several weeks ago, I've driven by these arches many times with the intent to one day photograph them. Well here they are. The question is, was it worth the wait?

$Arches, St Peters Church, Rdg, Pa(b).jpg

:waiting:
:biglaugh:

I like it. I think you did an excellent job with composition, I love how the light plays on the ceiling beams. I wish I could better see the door at the end and the windows in the foreground though. I think the stop was very woth while.

Thanks for the comment

Weekend bump.

I agree about the composition. The only thing is that I wish there were more light coming in from those first two arches. The light beyond the arch is brighter and it keeps pulling my eye outside rather than inside and down along the wall. I don't know if there's a time of day when the light is distributed a bit more evenly on that side.

Great shot.

I agree about the composition. The only thing is that I wish there were more light coming in from those first two arches. The light beyond the arch is brighter and it keeps pulling my eye outside rather than inside and down along the wall. I don't know if there's a time of day when the light is distributed a bit more evenly on that side.

Maybe... I wouldn't be able to brighten the first arches due to a tall building directly across, but I may be able to put the distant arches more in shadow at a different time of day. Thanks Leonore!

What can I say Rick. This particular picture doesn't work for me. The bad thing is, I still don't know, why.:confused:
Sorry...

What can I say Rick. This particular picture doesn't work for me. The bad thing is, I still don't know, why.:confused:
Sorry...

No worries Timor. If all my photo's worked for everyone, evertime, I'd be a rich man. Thanks for looking :D

Sorry...

No worries Timor. If all my photo's worked for everyone, evertime, I'd be a rich man. Thanks for looking :D
That's true.
What worries me is, that I can't say, what is not working for me. I just feel it like very neutral photo. Not that it is bad, just not the "wow" for me.

Sorry...

That's true.
What worries me is, that I can't say, what is not working for me. I just feel it like very neutral photo. Not that it is bad, just not the "wow" for me.

Maybe your parents never took you to McDonald's when you were a kid so now you have a hidden resentment towards arches :mrgreen:

That's true.

Maybe your parents never took you to McDonald's when you were a kid so now you have a hidden resentment towards arches :mrgreen:
:biglaugh:
No aversion to arches despite the lack of McDonald's in my young years. :lol:

Most reactions

Back