Archie shot on Kodalith Ortho

Not really doing anything for me Gary. What was your thought process behind the photo? Or was there not a thought process?

Actually although I'm (barely) over 30, I have developed film in a dark room, but it was a long time ago and anything I knew at the time is certainly long gone. Thanks for the flashback.

Actually although I'm (barely) over 30, I have developed film in a dark room, but it was a long time ago and anything I knew at the time is certainly long gone. Thanks for the flashback.

I think you need to have another go much more fun than digital

This "Stand development" option gsgary is using was initially developed to allow the photographer better control over his beer- and ale-drinking routines. It gives a guy (or gal) an adequate amount of time to actually drink some beer, and maybe have a snack with it, while developing film. No more of this constant-standing there-and-timing-everything-in 30-second-intervals...none of that nonsense..it's like pour it in, slam the tank down a couple times to knock off the air bubbles, agitate for a full minute (that's 60 whole seconds of your life right there!!!) , rap the tank real hard, then set it down, and then you've got like 30 full minutes to go and drink beer before you need to come back and slosh the tank around a bit!!! It's an awesome method!
Oh bloody hell....I hadn't thought about this in years....40 years ago (I was even with Wife 1.0) I had a darkroom set up in my garage. It had 2 rooms, a counter, cabinets enlarger on the counter, and a developing sink, home made fiberglass over wood, with a marijuana leaf embedded in the fiberglass, then in the second room, a counter where I would cut mattes for my prints, and a beer fridge. Old wool Navy blankets over the doors for light locks. Man, those were the good ol' days...

ISO 10, a running dog...and it's still this good. :thumbup: I'm glad you kept the contrast down here, the motion is enough of a trip for the eyes, like Charlie noted.

It may have been a grab shot, but you did a great job turning it into something special.

ISO 10, a running dog...and it's still this good. :thumbup: I'm glad you kept the contrast down here, the motion is enough of a trip for the eyes, like Charlie noted.

It may have been a grab shot, but you did a great job turning it into something special.

Thankyou very much Terri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back