What's new

Some shots around Traverse City, MI

terri42 13

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
36,821
Reaction score
9,618
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was up in northern Michigan visiting my niece, who lives just outside TC. Such a fun area!

Just some cell phone shots, though I did shoot film and came home to realize there's no developer. 🙃

Stopped at Sleeping Bear Dunes, which are located on the shoreline of Lake Michigan.


20260808_122412.webp


Pretty beaches, though the water is a little chilly for me to swim in. Kids and boaters generally don't care.



20260808_113928.webp



Also visited a few vineyards, since this is wine country, too. We went to both mini-peninsulas for the vineyards, but these were shot on Old Mission Peninsula in Grand Traverse Bay.

20260808_133756.webp



20260808_133809.webp



20260808_133835.webp



Took my 99 year old mom along, and she traveled well and enjoyed seeing Traverse City again. We were lucky with the weather, too.

Thanks for looking!
 
Last time I was there in end of July 2006. Previous to that was in April of 1999. Decided to go camping up there. Downstate not a hint of snow. When I got to the state forest campground, there was bout 2' still on the ground. :lol: :lol: I stayed the weekend though. Parents asked what I did up there. My reply was tended the fire. What else they asked. Tended the fire was my reply. :lol:
 
The best camera is always the one you have with you. These look great! How are you planning to get the film developed?
 
I keep saying I'm going to head up there to check it out. Traverse City is about a 4hr drive from here. There's a lot of places here in this state that I simply haven't been to yet.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #7
The best camera is always the one you have with you. These look great! How are you planning to get the film developed?
Got online at Freestyle Photo - TMax developer and a bag of D76 powder is ready to ship! (I develop at home.) Film's safe in the canister for now. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #8
I keep saying I'm going to head up there to check it out. Traverse City is about a 4hr drive from here. There's a lot of places here in this state that I simply haven't been to yet.
I hear you. This is a beautiful and unique state. I'd like to go to the extreme SE and visit the Wildlife Refuge south of Detroit, too. And the U.P. All over, really.
:lol:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #9
Beautiful area. Kudos to you for taking your mother with you. I am betting she really appreciated that.
She really did, thank you! 😊
 
Got online at Freestyle Photo - TMax developer and a bag of D76 powder is ready to ship! (I develop at home.) Film's safe in the canister for now. :)
I was gifted a Canon AE-1 with a 50mm f/1.4 lens and a roll of film recently. Might need to mail you some film soon lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom