Archive C&C Thank You

IByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine asked me to take a few photos of some of her pieces of art before the crowd showed up. What I gathered from the personal tour, that these pieces were an expression of bookmaking is dying art. Welcome all critiques, complements, grips, gripes, and complaints, then guide me back, thanks. I want a nice clean fight, now let's get it on!!

Archive1.jpg

Archive2.jpg

Archive3.jpg

Archive4.jpg

Neat sculptures. What are they made of? They really look like burnt paper, but if they were, they would be too fragile to move.

Bitter Jeweler said:
Neat sculptures. What are they made of? They really look like burnt paper, but if they were, they would be too fragile to move.

Your correct my friend, but she sprayed glazed and cobalt to keep its shape, or least I think that's what she said :)

Last edited:
O, i liked them ; yes their simplicity is a striking factor; placing them against a blank wall adds a punch

Are they leather pices?

Regards :D

Very cool. Tell your friend a random Internet person liked her work.

Frequency said:
O, i liked them ; yes their simplicity is a striking factor; placing them against a blank white wall add a punch

Are they leather pieces?

Regards :D

Actually it's ash, I think she was making a point that hardcovers still have have place in the digital world. The lighting was warm so I made the backgrounds white. My other note is I should have used a 35mm instead of a 50mm because it was a small gallery. The gallery was converted from a colonial house about 18-2100 square feet, so she had the whole upstairs. I'm editing more photos while doing homework.

Frequency, having some issues? :biglaugh:

IByte, I think the third image is really a spot on view, and good DoF.

I like these a lot, both the photos and the pieces. The burnt objects are wonderful against the austere white background. Can you post a link to her portfolio or the gallery?

Bitter Jeweler said:

Lol. I think these pieces made his mind loop

Last edited:
Jaemie said:
I like these a lot, both the photos and the pieces. The burnt objects are wonderful against the austere white background. Can you post a link to her portfolio or the gallery?

Thanks and I will once I finished the rest of the photos, this project was her thesis for school she should be be done with her master's.

i don't know what happened; every time i tried posting i got "Oops".... but i was fooled... they were actually loaded :grumpy: i promise a cleaning the thread as soon as possible; deleting is also problematic ;)

IByte, I think the third image is really a spot on view, and good DoF.

Thanks Bitter, glad to know I'm making some progress. BTW my real name is Malik :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back