Are there anymore studio photographers around?

Blue Eye Liquify

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted to talk with someone who has also done studio photodgraphy.
If you had to pick just one photoshop tool to use the rest of your life what tool would that be?

What's the point of the question? It's not as though it's really a realistic issue... photoshop does many different things, so I guess I'd really like to hang onto the clone tool, given that I can handle resizing and toning in other applications.

Yes, you are kind of contradicting yourself by asking two questions that aren't even relative. Photoshop is a tool that should be used by all photographers at this point, not just studio photographers. I have done family portraits in a studio environment on several occasions, and I have studio equipment, if that is the answer you are seeking.

I have 2 JTL J-160 Strobes, 2 JTL S-45 AC Slaves, 2 80" light stands, 2 42" light stands, a Photoflex backdrop support and white and black backdrop cloths. Generally, when i shoot with studio equipment, I aim to not have to use photoshop after I shoot. I don't know about most other photographers that use studio equipment. I thought that was the point of the equipment though, to minimalize PP, and make a genuinely good shot initally.

The main thing that needs to be done after studio shooting is some skin clean-up to present a flattering image of the person being photographed-- most of us do not like to think of ourselves as having lots of wrinkles, acne, blemishes, etc, on our skin, and neither do people being photographed. I'm not talking about extreme retouching where the skin looks like it was gone over with a trowel, but just some basic fairly subtle work.

I would keep the "Make the photo perfect by using all the tools" action. That would essentially solve the delimma of any of you blood sucking bastards trying to pry anything useful that I have left from my cold dead hands.

I think you guys are just misreading what I wrote, I'm not trying to relate my question to any studio photographers that directly, I'm just asking if there are any here that I would be able to relate to, and a separate question for those who are familiar with Photoshop. If anything, the post was intended to be light hearted and a conversation starter.

Most reactions

Back