089.jpg

020.jpg

032.jpg

008.jpg

014.jpg

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

thanks

Every dodgeball one is out of focus/bad lighting, I do not like them.

2 is tilted too much and too much lens flare
4, did you edit this one? it looks odd, mainly the shadows at the bottom and the white specs.
6. I dont see anything wrong with this, nothing interesting, but lighting looks ok.

All the basketball/dodgeball are pretty bad, sorry.

The others have some merit and show improvement over some of your previous images.

Honestly, no.
The 2nd one is horribly crooked, btw.
Practice more and expirement!
Get a tripod!
:)

The sports ones are too dark and some are quite blurry. The outdoor shots just seem to lack a clear subject.

I agree with the rest - When your inside taking those sports shots, with that poor lighting your going to want a higher ISO, A faster shuterspeed and a winder F/.

Keep going ;)

If you enjoy photography, keep practicing. You'll get better at it the more you do it. If your using a basic "point & shoot" (P & S) camera, your results will be limited.

Shooting indoor sports is difficult, even with a bit of experience. To get the best results you will need to use a flash. Preferably off camera, if your shooting with a DSLR.

There's more material available online than you could ever read in one life time.

indoor sports photography - Google Search

Good Luck.

Dan

hmmm having a quick look at the sports shots the EXIF for each image is showing that you are using around f4-f5 in aperture along with ISO 400 and flash. In addition focal ranges appear to be around 55mm and one out at 100ish mm in length.

So you have already taken some good steps in the right direction - however your shutter speed is still not fast enough and the shots are still coming out very dark - which is saying that there is still not enough light present.

You could raise the ISO to 800 - on a XSi/450D the results would not be the best at large sizes, but it might help you overcome the sharpness issuse whilst also not leaving you with an overly dark image.
From the fact that the flash is not giving you massive changes in exposure I am guessing that you are using the popup flash correct?

Sadly other ideas for improvement are going to rely on additional gear to overcome these limitations.
A new camera body might allow for a higher ISO, but that is not what you really want (since high ISO means high noise).

A speedlite flash (430EX for example) would be a good step forward and should give you enough light to work with;

A wider aperture lens could also help you a lot - shooting at 55mm in several shots you could try a 50mm f1.8. However depth of field would then become a problem and your focus would have to be spot on otherwise the shot would fail since you do only have a very small plane of focus at f1.8. It would let you get down to around f2.8 though which might be more workable.

My choice would be to aim for the speedlite flashgun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back