Are you serious?

“It is not for me to judge another man's life. I must judge, I must choose, I must spurn, purely for myself. For myself, alone.”

“When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself”

“When we make judgements we're inevitably acting on limited knowledge, isn't it best to ask if we seek to understand, or simply let them be?”

“Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”

“The more judgmental a person is the sadder they are.”

“It's been said that people see what they want to see. For that exact reason, look for the good in people, rather than the bad.”

...Should I go on?

Of course with all those quotes, you're not judging at all, right? :1219::76::allteeth:
Are you judging me? :eek-73::lol:

I'm curious as to what a colorful hipster camera strap is. Do you mean the guitar strap based camera straps that many of us have used since the 70's? The embroidered ones that have been around since before the modern "hipster" was even a thought?

Ok. I was having a look at the guy's wedding package. $1800 and you only get 50 edited photos. Hmm. So apparently, you have to edit the rest? Interesting concept. The photographer that shot my brother's wedding took I don't know 1500 pictures? And he edited every single one of them.
You realize that edit != edit, right ?

One can spent hours and days editing a single photo ... or select hundreds, change a detail, then press "convert to JPEG" instead.

Also 1500 photos ? Thats a bit excessive.

So this weekend I was at a large car show (about 2,000 cars) and was sitting down behind our show car, I was people watching (always entertaining) and some guy walks up to the car and I couldn't believe what I saw. The dude was shooting with a Canon 1D and I think a 70-200 f/4 with...a wide angle conversion lens threaded on the end. That's right..you heard me correctly. A really expensive setup with a cheap $20 wide angle conversion lens attached. I pretty much face palmed. This is worse than using a cheap UV filter! On top of that it was hanging from a rather hipster camera strap with lots of bright colors.

Must be he blew all his money on that camera and lens and couldn't afford a wide angle lens. Who knows..it was a first for me. Haha.

I really wish I took a picture...ugh hating my self for that.

As my brother often says, "you can't fix stupid". A few years back I was out at a local nature center for "Birds of Prey Day"...in short they bring a number of their birds out of the cages (mostly hawks, falcons and owls) and pose them in trees and such for photographers. As I was walking around snapping pics of my own, I noticed this guy just dripping with Nikon gear...I forget what body he was using, but he had a pro photo vest with big heavy lenses stuffed in every pocket...he had to be carrying around at least 6 or 8 lenses on top of the 70-200mm he had mounted on the camera. The guy really looked like he was going out on safari or something. I watched the guy walk around just clicking away for well over half an hour...before I walked up to him and mentioned that his lens cap was on! I could HEAR the camera shutter, so I -know- he was firing off shots, but with a DSLR, to this day I really have to wonder what the hell he actually thought he was shooting at! After I had said something to him, he just looked at the front of the camera, frowned and stomped off...never saw him again the rest of the afternoon.

The sad fact of the matter is that in my experience, while there are "photographers", there are A LOT of people who wear cameras as some sort of fashion statement. They like to talk about "gear" and taught the advantages of such and such lens, etc., but mostly they're just trying to show off how much money they have to spend. I guess the upside is that at least they keep the camera makers in business, but personally I just don't get it.

Anyways, yea...ya just can't fix stupid.

On the one hand I'm guilty of "odd combinations" too:
I'm using a Canon EOS 700D (works better for me than the 70D, having the selector switch (don't know the correct word right now) on the right).
I paired that camera with an about 30 years old Leica-Tripod which is actually stuck in the closed position, but it works great as a vertical grip.
And I have recieved some negative comments on that, with people not understanding why I prefer it over a battery-grip.
The combination simply works for me, so why change it for the sake of a brand?

Then again there are people like my classmate, who decided to take his NIKON D7100 with an 18-200 mm lens on our last class-trip.
1st of that (rather new) poor camera was covered in scratches, even the lens.
2nd of, he hung it from a neck-sling intended for keys (which broke twice).
3rd of, he never bothered with a cap for the lens, or even with being careful when handling it.
The camera was scratched and dirt-covered to the point of not taking useable photos anymore on the third day.
I'll be honest, I felt sorry for the poor camera.

Max

Most reactions

Back