Are you serious?

It was a pretty big show. This is only half.

DSC_5932.jpg

I certainly wasn't trying to judge the guy, he could be a really good photographer and get interesting shots. I thought it was funny more than anything. You normally see these opteka converter lenses on 18-55 kits. A friend of mine has one and the images he shares that taken with that converter lens are just terrible quality wise. My friend doesn't notice it, but I do. But I guess it comes down to the trained vs untrained eye.

But perhaps this guy just wanted that cheap look or maybe he knows something that we don't. haha.

maybe it does something cool :apathy:

I almost hit a guy making fun of me at a big national car show in Detroit (Autorama) not long ago. I had 3 cameras with me (2 visible). He was mocking me while I was using my Holga 120. I was using that on all the old classics, I just like the way they look. I also had my Rollei Prego 140 around my wrist that I used for close-up shots mainly. I also had a Canon S90 in my pocket for the modern high end stuff and was used for most of the photos. I took 2 rolls of 120, and 1 roll of TMax 35.

Anyway, I ignored him but he did not even know how close he was from getting hurt and me going to jail. There is no need for it. Yes, he had a magazine thingy around his neck and probably a 10k camera and was making a living. It would have been cooler if he had simply asked me why or what I was doing. I gave his buddy a look and he knew it was bad and promptly moved away but I just kept a walking. Oh, I'm 6-3 and 300lbs and in pretty good shape.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I almost hit a guy making fun of me at a big national car show in Detroit (Autorama) not long ago. I had 3 cameras with me (2 visible). He was mocking me while I was using my Holga 120. I was using that on all the old classics, I just like the way they look. I also had my Rollei Prego 140 around my wrist that I used for close-up shots mainly. I also had a Canon S90 in my pocket for the modern high end stuff and was used for most of the photos. I took 2 rolls of 120, and 1 roll of TMax 35.

Anyway, I ignored him but he did not even know how close he was from getting hurt and me going to jail. There is no need for it. Yes, he had a magazine thingy around his neck and probably a 10k camera and was making a living. It would have been cooler if he had simply asked me why or what I was doing. I gave his buddy a look and he knew it was bad and promptly moved away but I just kept a walking. Oh, I'm 6-3 and 300lbs and in pretty good shape.

I've always wanted to get a Rolleiflex TLR and take some shots at car shows, I think it would be fun.

I've always wanted to get a Rolleiflex TLR and take some shots at car shows, I think it would be fun.
They really are fun. I had a poor man's Rolleiflex called an Airesflex that I used for years. I put 50 ISO film in it and had a bulb flash arm with it. It took good, sharp, photos but I dropped it. I was given it when I was a teenager for cutting an old man's grass every summer. I have considered picking up a Yashica 124g like my buddy has, it takes real nice photos and considerably less.

I love that the "dead baby" photographer's billboard show the "photographername.squarespace.com" URL. Seems like to me that you'd be sure to make your URL as professional as possible and get rid of the squarespace piece?

I wouldnt ever mock somebody using a Holga. Thats a 30$ camera that does what its supposed to do.

But a guy with a 10k+ setup and then using a 20$ converter lens in front that will kill all IQ is really, really weird.

Or maybe, just maybe it wasn't a converter--but a silencer!!!!
LOL for all these horribly loud light photons coming from those cars.

I wouldnt ever mock somebody using a Holga. Thats a 30$ camera that does what its supposed to do.

But a guy with a 10k+ setup and then using a 20$ converter lens in front that will kill all IQ is really, really weird.

Or maybe, just maybe it wasn't a converter--but a silencer!!!!
LOL for all these horribly loud light photons coming from those cars.

its all about what you need/want the equipment to do, and for whom.
maybe these are just some snapshots he wants to take for himself.
why would the guy want to spend $1k on a wide angle lens he might only use once a year to take pics for just himself?
maybe what he gets out of the thread on adapter is just fine for a few snapshots for his FB page.
its also possible that same person might think its really, really weird to buy a $2400 camera and put a 70-200 f/4 on it instead of a faster f/2.8 lens, but then again, I think you can apply my above statement to that too.

Could be he never takes these type of shots and when he does it doesn't need to be as high level as his normal stuff. It's easy to judge without knowing the story.
There is a lot of photography / camera snobbery that goes on. Human nature I guess. Thank goodness I see it more on the internet than I do while out shooting.
So this weekend I was at a large car show (about 2,000 cars) and was sitting down behind our show car, I was people watching (always entertaining) and some guy walks up to the car and I couldn't believe what I saw. The dude was shooting with a Canon 1D and I think a 70-200 f/4 with...a wide angle conversion lens threaded on the end. That's right..you heard me correctly. A really expensive setup with a cheap $20 wide angle conversion lens attached. I pretty much face palmed. This is worse than using a cheap UV filter! On top of that it was hanging from a rather hipster camera strap with lots of bright colors.

Must be he blew all his money on that camera and lens and couldn't afford a wide angle lens. Who knows..it was a first for me. Haha.

I really wish I took a picture...ugh hating my self for that.

Or maybe he just inherited the equipment and is trying to figure it all out for the first time at the car show.

This was a stupid post to begin with anyways. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I guess I'm not a really good person then, lol. I'll try my best to ignore the next time I see something silly like that.

To each their own, everyone is different...I understand it. I guess from all the years of being picked on and bullied in school, I turned out to be one my self. I'm apologize if I had offended anyone.

This was a stupid post to begin with anyways. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I guess I'm not a really good person then, lol. I'll try my best to ignore the next time I see something silly like that.

To each their own, everyone is different...I understand it. I guess from all the years of being picked on and bullied in school, I turned out to be one my self. I'm apologize if I had offended anyone.

nah, its not offensive.
its just the crazy crazy internet.

No worries Nerwin. Like Pix said, it's just the internet. You did not go up to the guy and act like an arse. However, maybe next time engage the person. You may just make a new friend.

No worries Nerwin. Like Pix said, it's just the internet. You did not go up to the guy and act like an arse. However, maybe next time engage the person. You may just make a new friend.

Haha, I'm tired of friends. I always get kicked to the curb eventually. Its okay though. I don't blame them, lol.

Haha, I'm tired of friends. I always get kicked to the curb eventually. Its okay though. I don't blame them, lol.

I hear you. My dad told me to make sure I picked my friends as opposed to letting them pick me.

Most reactions

Back