Arg! Never have my camera when I need it!

K8-90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Twice this week, the weather has provided some awesome skies and photo oppertunities, and twice I've missed them!

I'm finding it very frustrating! It seems I'm always too far from my camera when I need it. And I can never manage to plan to be out doing photography at the right moments :(

How do you guys manage it?

I always carry my camera. Always. I'm a fanatic like that...

if you looking for something decent to shoot, just forget your camera at home and you'll find the most amazing pictures.

in other words, unfortunately, you should always carry your camera with you.
at least some small analogue to you main SLR camera. still better than no shot at all..

Look at the bright side. It's like the fish that got away. You'll have a whole portfolio of wonderful photographs you didn't get to take.

I met an irritating person who noticed my camera. He proceeded to tell me how much more expensive, and therefore, how much better, his camera was over mine. I picked up my camera and took a picture. I said, "Now, you take a shot and we'll compare the results." Well, he didn't have his camera. So, my camera wins.

:lmao: :lmao:
Look at the bright side. It's like the fish that got away. You'll have a whole portfolio of wonderful photographs you didn't get to take.

I met an irritating person who noticed my camera. He proceeded to tell me how much more expensive, and therefore, how much better, his camera was over mine. I picked up my camera and took a picture. I said, "Now, you take a shot and we'll compare the results." Well, he didn't have his camera. So, my camera wins.
:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for the laugh. So true also.

I can only agree with those who said: always have a camera with you.

As mentioned above several times there is only one solution....You have to have a camera with you at all times.

I carry my camera on a Black Rapid RS-2 strap and find it much more secure and comfortable than a traditional strap. www.blackrapid.com

Many times I've resolved to keep my camera with me at all times but it never works out. Best I've managed is a cell phone with a camera caoability. Pictures are not that great but any old camera in a storm.

I always have a camera with me. Even when I walk out to lunch with my coworkers, I throw it over my shoulder.. when they'd ask about it (they don't anymore), I replied, "never know when you're gonna need it".

I snapped this one at lunch last week.
Wait Outside on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Haha. Thanks; now I know exactly how I'll deal with anyone who's irritating like that. I'm sure I'm bound to run into someone who feels the need to trash my 450D (that is to say, my baby), because they have a "better" camera. It's the same sentiment as the saying that any camera is a pro camera in the hands of a pro.

A decent point and shoot should give you no reason not to have at least something at all times. Any complaints towards the image quality of small sensors can be easily resolved with a film compact with a good lens... there are just so many to choose from.

Twice this week, the weather has provided some awesome skies and photo oppertunities, and twice I've missed them!

I'm finding it very frustrating! It seems I'm always too far from my camera when I need it. And I can never manage to plan to be out doing photography at the right moments :(

I keep my favorite cameras right by the door, with all the other things I grab every morning. I do have a problem remembering fully charged batteries though. I managed that yesterday morning. Get in that habit and you'll always have one with you.

Dont feel bad. One time when I was at a jobsite, I went to use the J-John and, on my way there was a Bobcat, he just sat there and, watched me and, didnt even run. Since then when Im at most sites I carry my camera everywhere.

I used to carry my camera... always... but the 17 mile commute to and from work turns into such a blur that I think if the greatest picture leapt out in front of me I would run it over before it even occurred to me to take a picture of it.

:lol:

I used to carry my camera... always... but the 17 mile commute to and from work turns into such a blur that I think if the greatest picture leapt out in front of me I would run it over before it even occurred to me to take a picture of it.

:lol:

I hear ya bro!

Most reactions

Back