Argh so many choices!

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok. Well I've been really thinking of buying a DSLR I'm not sure what I wan't. I was really looking at the 20D but I read something about the lenses only working for that body only and I kinda don't understand what It's talking about. I'd like to stay with a Canon (don't flame me please!) and I'm not sure how much I want to spend on this.. so let's just say that I'd be willing to pay for the 20D.

All Canon lens will work on the 20D body.

From all that I have read, the 20D is a great camera. All Canon EF lenses will work on it. There are also plenty of third party lenses to choose from. Sigma & Tamron for example.

Canon does have a few lenses designated EF-S. These lenses are made specifically for Canon's DSLR cameras with APS sized sensors. (20D & D Rebel). Since Canon has released several of these EF-S lenses, speculation is that there will be more camera models coming that are compatible with them. So you shouldn't have to worry much about buying lenses only to have them become obsolete.

Of course, you don't have to get the EF-S lenses. You can stick with EF lenses that are compatible with any of Canon's EOS cameras...both film & digital.

That's what I must have heard. Thanks for clearing that up Mike. Yeah that was the only thing that worried me about that camera. Becuase I've heard so many great things about it. Anyone else shoot with this body?

Most reactions

Back