Argh! Vintage lens confuse.

JosephW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a lens. Sigma 75-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DL. It has a gold ring on the end, not red, which is confusing me, I can't find it online! Without realising when i bought it after finding it in some random thrift store; that's it not EF (Although it did look like it!). I can't get a pic right now, but it's got 4 square electronic contacts and it's metal! I'm guessing it's vintage but i can't tell! Help!

I know this KmH; FD was never AF so required no electronical components. Thanks snowbear, that helped, now i just need to find the mount! Maybe Sony?

Code 4; found it. It's Sony Alpha.

FD was never AF so required no electronical components.

Nearly. That is not *strictly * true. I have tried a f/54 35-70mm SST at a gear party - this gem has the AF sensor bolted onto the lens, as well as the motor and will provide AF on any nFD mount body (Note this is not the same as the handful of special FD/AC kit lenses which came with the T80 and only worked with that).

Be careful with old sigma EF lenses anyway, I had one which worked fine on my 35mm film EOS but fails to be detected on my 1100D.

Most reactions

Back