Aristo Cold Light Compatability, other questions

Cliff Kingston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Compatability of Aristo cold lights across Beseler 23c and 45 MXT, and questions -

Couple of questions for this forum and looking forward to joining again and being part of the community.

In my Beseler 45 MXT, I have an Aristo Cold light head, D2 HI, I believe the bulb would be a V54. Years ago I built a darkroom and made 4 beautiful prints before I had to move… this was back in 2007, the Great Recession. Anyway, have rebuilt a new darkroom in another state.

I have the Beseler Timer, and I have a chance to get another new timer, with transformer and contractor (?). I'm looking to have extra supplies and the 23c cold light is in great condition, I was thinking there was an adapter to fit the MXT and CB7 as long as I'm only doing 6x6cm negs?

1) I believe these came with a Beseler 23C, are the transformer and contractor compatible across Aristo lights or do are they bulb dependent? I did not use any of these before and made great prints. What does the contractor do?

2) I also have a CB-7 condenser enlarger. With an adapter, would the Beseler 23C Aristo cold light be compatible with either of these enlargers, the MXT and CB-7? I will only be printing an MF 6x6 negatives. And then lastly, would any heads, cold light be compatible on the CB-7 and 45MXT? I understand that a lot of the configurations and compatabilty of lights/condensor is about going up to a 6x7 or 4x5 ince negative, but as mentioned I will only be printing medium format 6cmx6cm.

Thanks in advance for the input.
Clifford

Hello and welcome, I am sorry I do not know anything about your question but there are lots of people on this forum that do.

Most reactions

Back