What's new

Arizona Memorial(5 pics)

Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
1,952
Reaction score
1,007
Location
BDA Native now in NoVA/D.C.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very intense place to visit. The whole memorial is put together well including the half hour program prior to going out to the memorial.

If you ever go, get there early, like 6am at the latest as tickets go fast!

Here are some pics from when we were there last month.

DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1072.jpg


DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1008.jpg


DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1014.jpg


DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1036.jpg


DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1038.jpg


DSLRPearlharborCruiseDAY1010-1.jpg
 
I like the second one.

I was there last year, its a sobering experience.
 
sobering indeed, i was not exactly prepared for the emotions I experienced, as well as looking at some of the older people.

I was at ground zero 2 days after 9/11, and that was equally as surreal, but didn't at the time, have the history of Pearl Harbor. 9/11 is MY generations, Pearl harbor.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
 
sobering indeed, i was not exactly prepared for the emotions I experienced, as well as looking at some of the older people.

I was at ground zero 2 days after 9/11, and that was equally as surreal, but didn't at the time, have the history of Pearl Harbor. 9/11 is MY generations, Pearl harbor.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Yes, yes it is. And it seems so many have already forgotten.
 
Wow those oil slicks are psychedelic! :thumbup:

-Shea
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom