You guys have serious issues. If you can read I said, "I'd love to give amateur a chance to get a better portfolio or someone who needs more exposure."
I've looked at your photos and they are not even good for you to be talking smack it's not good for your own business. However being polite may get you some more clients if your half way decent and they may be willing to spend a little more than they wanted because of your attitude. (not the case here)
Do I think anyone can shoot a nice photo with a nice camera? No, and I think that's obvious here with the results. But I do think if someone knows what they are doing (skill) it's not rocket science. Was I saying a person is not valuable? No. I was saying 12K is not worth it to me paying that much. Am I worried about this form and not getting a photographer because oops I offended some strangers on a form who need lessons not only in photography but manners? No, I'm not.
Quite honestly it never was about 2,000 it was a starting point and I see some of you have less of a starting point for your packages so just drop it already, no one wants to listen to you rant and rave about your insecurity issues. This should be a business form not a cry session. Suck it up!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:Your problem is you have no idea what it costs to take decent wedding photos, nor do you care to. You were hoping someone who was looking to help their portfolio would shoot your wedding "journalistic style" (which I have a problem with calling it that anyway, since a lot of these 'candid' shots are posed), and charge less than you could find from a professional. There is no harm there. In fact, if I was getting married, I might do the same thing.
The issue arises when people give you their opinions on what you're going to be able to find, and you attack, insulting photographers as a whole and claimed that 12,000, even for shots you consider great, is incredibly too much money.
However, I even offered you some advice. I told you to look in Craigslist, because the craigslist near me has tons of artists looking for work, some inexpensively.
Now, however, you've insulted me.

I never talked "smack" to you, in fact I was trying to help. Furthermore the link on the bottom of my page is not my resume, nor did I claim to be offering my services to you or anyone. That link is a Flickr page, which I use to showcase some of my work, and get advice on photographs.
Which brings me to my next point. This is not a "business form"... (If it was it would be made of paper), and it certainly is not only a business FORUM either. It's a photography FORUM... it is used by photographers of all skill levels, from amatuers just starting out, to pros who've done weddings for years. You're the one who needs to "suck it up" and realize that you came into the forum WE love and insulted us and didn't expect us to retaliate. We will defend this FORUM because we are a part of it, hell we ARE it, and we deserve to have a place to share and discuss and learn without ridicule. We NEED to have a place to grow as artists, and this forum is that place, in all it's wonderful glory. I've learned so much here, and gained lasting friendships, and If you don't think I won't stand up when you insult me, or any of us, you're sorely freaking mistaken.
Now, I'm not a revengeful person... :madmad: If I was, I'd call every photographer in your area and ask them NOT to do your wedding, because your full of spite and hate, and people like that do not deserve to have happy memories. Or even worse, I'd pay one to do your wedding on film and "accidentilly" double expose everything, or "fix" everything in photoshop by adding pimples and extra weight to you and your guests.... if I was a revengeful person. I'm not.
If I was mean :-x, I'd personally hope and pray that the venom inside you either ceases to be, and you repent and change your ways, or consumes you until you anger every person you've ever met and you spend the rest of your days alone, toothless, eating pudding cups with a rusty spoon and spent your nights rocking on the floor of a basement somewhere muttering things like "12 thousands is too much" or "it's not rocket science" over and over.... IF I was mean. I'm not.
However, I am a nice person, so I did a little research on photogs in your area. Give them a call, explain your situation and see what you can come up with. God bless your and your marraige:
http://www.melissamaryphotography.com/weddinggallery.htm
www.JulieMichelePhotography.com - call 702-439-8756. (found on craigslist... she is in flagstaff area and charges between 700 and 1400 dollars!!! She might be your gal!)
http://www.ronhenryphoto.com/ - Couldn't find pricing
http://www.weddingdaymoments.com/ Prices range between 550 dollars for 2 hours of coverage, to 3550 with two photographers.. GREAT prices and I like the work I see here.
So there is 4 choices, two of which are priced right in your range. I found most of them on craigslist, and one of them simply in a yahoo search. I hope one of them is what you need, truly, however I also hope that you never post another one of your mean messages.