Art Show

At my first gallery opening, a very nice woman complimented my photos on the use of light. I thanked her. She continued talking about how much she loved the light, and I continued thanking her. She talked about how some photographers don't pay attention to light, and I didn't really know what to say anymore, having exhausted every way I could think of to say, "Thank you, I use natural light, I also love light," so I said the only thing I could think of:

"Well, photography means 'writing with light.'"

Then I realized, OH NO I'VE JUST SAID SOMETHING PRETENTIOUS.:shock:

However, my boyfriend goes to art openings all the time, and he assures me that artists are expected to say pretentious things every now and then, because it makes the other artists feel comfortable with their own pretensions or something to that effect. He also said that it sounded like the woman wanted to say something to me, but didn't know what to say, and since I didn't know what to say in response to her not knowing what to say, one could deduce that adding together two people who don't know what to say could lead to one or both of them saying something pretentious. This might have something to do with the low level autism that seems to be rampant among artists and photographers, or maybe my boyfriend was just being nice.:lol:

g-unit clothes

Lol

Most reactions

Back