What's new

The snow ice and red dress

Tinstafl127 123

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,066
Location
Valley of Virginia and RVA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have been shooting with people for about 20 years now. I had a friend call and ask if I could come up three hours and shoot with her outside in the snow. It was 7 to nine degrees Fahrenheit and windy so we went in and out to warm up between ten shot sets. On this set she was wearing white boots and wanted to shoot by the fence. Well she stepped out and we both took a couple steps and she fell and slid down the hill. I surfed halfway down myself. It was cold and slick. I will posts couple of them later but here is the first one and the last one in The house. She skinned her knees and bruised her legs. It took a bit for the bruises to show. We were laughing pretty hard
Steph-20260130JASB0002602.webp
IMG_7841.webp
 
I love shooting in snow. The ground turns into a big reflector so there is a ton of ambient light to use and get creative with.

Something that stands out to me about this shot is the unflattering shadow being cast across the bridge of her nose. If you have editing software, I would remove that shadow.
 
I will look at it
Also just to be clear, I appreciate the direction you were going with this shot and there is a lot to like. The exposure is handled well, the editing is tasteful, and other than that one shadow I think your lighting is good.
 
Also just to be clear, I appreciate the direction you were going with this shot and there is a lot to like. The exposure is handled well, the editing is tasteful, and other than that one shadow I think your lighting is good.
I fixed it. Thanks. Also this is my first month shooting the new camera. My Nikons would never have this much deep detail. I am going to have to adjust my editing workflow.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom