Artist Absorbed In His Work

I like it, but wish I could see the painter better.

See his paint supply luggage trolley + milk crate??? I use a similar rig for carrying studio flash gear out to outdoor and indoor shooting locations...with a power pack and heavy sine wave inverter in the bottom, I have 29 pounds of ballast, and a place for a lightstand to be mounted, so that the stand,light, power pack, and inverter gives me basically, 30 pounds of ballast and a 15 foot high max light placement...and the whole rig is on wheels...

Waiting for Ysarex to come along and tell you your sky is too cyan, and color correct your sky to blue, as he did for that Fuji shooter recently...

it was sort of the point, that the artist and his work had become one.

and also it was the only way the artist would let me take his picture. I have one where you can see him better, but I promised him that I wouldn't use it.

Didn't we see this same wall in another shot, a couple of years ago? I mean, I could swear I saw this same place in a different street shot.

it was sort of the point, that the artist and his work had become one.

and also it was the only way the artist would let me take his picture. I have one where you can see him better, but I promised him that I wouldn't use it.

It's not the first time I've missed the point of something! LOL

So the guy with the spray paint doesn't want to be seen in the photo? I have a feeling he's not quite supposed to paint that!:laugh2:

1) I think something can be both art AND vandalism

2) This was paid commissioned work

3) The artist most likely also does some "nonpaid work" which is of debatable legality (but that the residents of the city generally enjoy, google krog street tunnel) and he doesn't want his face on record as associated with his identifiable style

Last edited:
1) I think something can be both art AND vandalism

2) This was paid commissioned work

3) The artist most likely also does some "nonpaid work" which is of debatable legality (but that the residents of the city generally enjoy, google krog street tunnel) and he doesn't want his face on record as associated with his identifiable style

(1) I sure think so!!! :)
(2) I'm glad he can find paying jobs for his art, that's not easy!
(3) As for non payed work, you gotta have a hobby! ;)

Very cool, clever title too.
I sorta wanted to avoid the "clever" title, but couldn't think of anything else to call it. I hate titling images, but on a discussion board with a title field, not a whole lot of way around it without getting ultra pretensious and naming the thread something like DSC0301

Most reactions

Back