What's new

Arty Architectural Phots

Karloz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
1
Location
Wellington
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been wanting to try some architectural Photos for some time but the subject matter I was after - which at some level really wasn't sure about till i actually saw it.

The other day I found what I had been looking for and feels like I have found some insparation for a new body of work I would like to start in this area - Please let me know what you think of my first efforts.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_5636.webp
    $IMG_5636.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 52
  • $IMG_5640.webp
    $IMG_5640.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 59
  • $IMG_5644.webp
    $IMG_5644.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 65
  • $IMG_5645.webp
    $IMG_5645.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 62
  • $IMG_5651.webp
    $IMG_5651.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
These are not "architectural" so much as "detail" photos. You may as well have called them "texture in still life". The tilt does nothing for me, BTW.
 
These are not "architectural" so much
I will agree with that. Never the less it's interesting, I would put them in the box with abstract. What seems to me to be unnecessary is that big, front shadow on some. Total black seems not to cooperate with the others colors.
 
Rule #1 in architectural photography: straight lines gotta stay straight.

Lose the tilt.

And these are more like still life abstract than architectural.

On the plus side, your composition is interesting, and the colors look very pleasing. It's a good start.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom