As the Rush Comes

Stunning landscape! I really love the low angle and perspective on this one, and the lines created by the trees on the left and the snow caps beyond them. This is pretty consistent with your work - you've got a great eye for landscape composition. You'd love the Rockies! :)

This kind of reminds me of a Bob Ross painting. There was a painting show on tv in the 1980s called "The Joy of Painting." Bob Ross was the host and would instruct viewers on a different painting each week as he painted it. It was a quick way of painting, so by the end of 30 minutes, you had a complete painting. He became somewhat iconic mostly for his narration - very soft voice, talking about putting in "happy little trees."

Stunning landscape! I really love the low angle and perspective on this one, and the lines created by the trees on the left and the snow caps beyond them. This is pretty consistent with your work - you've got a great eye for landscape composition. You'd love the Rockies! :)

This kind of reminds me of a Bob Ross painting. There was a painting show on tv in the 1980s called "The Joy of Painting." Bob Ross was the host and would instruct viewers on a different painting each week as he painted it. It was a quick way of painting, so by the end of 30 minutes, you had a complete painting. He became somewhat iconic mostly for his narration - very soft voice, talking about putting in "happy little trees."

Thanks, that means a lot. :)
And I can't believe I watched that whole video, At start I thought it was too long but once I played it I never found myself stopping. It was just so good, all smooth and perfect. And his voice was super soft. And the guy is super chill. Thanks for the link :)

It's mesmerizing, isn't it? I watched him all the time when I was a kid, and even now, I'll watch once in a while and be transfixed, even though I don't even paint! :)

Great composition. Nice balance of color and light.

I love Bob Ross' oil medium more than my own. He was a better marketer than he was an artist. The guy really had a plan and made most of his money on marketing material and supplies. Watched every episode when I was a lad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bob Ross is a big inspiration to me. He used to be a military drill Sargent and after he served he vowed to never yell again.

I do like the photo as well. ⚓

Most reactions

Back