Ascension

Murray Bloom

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.murraybloomphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a slideshow made from some images I captured in the Southwest a few years back. I've returned to TPF after several years and wanted to show a few things I've done since I was here before.

I haven't promoted this video at all and would love some feedback, either on the images or the slideshow itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid, Murray. Not a huge fan of the zoom/pan effect, but you used it well.

I liked most of the photos. The first few looked kinda overly tone-mapped though. I also don't really like the zooming thing, and the black bars on the side of some photos are kinda detracting. Otherwise, it's good, and nice background track. Let us know if you make any changes!

Thanks for your comments. I suppose I could have used static images, but I wanted to blend them together visually, and inducing some movement seemed the only way. I also feel that if I'd left them still, I'd have had to use a lot more images.

There was no tone mapping done at all, DGM. The colors were enhanced a bit, but pretty much resemble what was there. I understand your concern, though. The opening shots could be considered a bit extreme because of how intense their colors are.

The moving image edges annoy me sometimes, too. Generally, it's because the image orientation and/or proportions conflict with the slideshow borders. I haven't figured out a solution to this yet, especially when integrating vertical mages into the horizontal frame.

Thanks for your comments. I suppose I could have used static images, but I wanted to blend them together visually, and inducing some movement seemed the only way. I also feel that if I'd left them still, I'd have had to use a lot more images.

There was no tone mapping done at all, DGM. The colors were enhanced a bit, but pretty much resemble what was there. I understand your concern, though. The opening shots could be considered a bit extreme because of how intense their colors are.

The moving image edges annoy me sometimes, too. Generally, it's because the image orientation and/or proportions conflict with the slideshow borders. I haven't figured out a solution to this yet, especially when integrating vertical mages into the horizontal frame.

No problem. It looked tone-mapped to me, but I can understand that those are just some intense colors. Very cool. Maybe just a horizontal/vertical slight pan (not so much an intense zoom) would work better. Would have to see it in action to know for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back