Ashton Kutcher advertising for nikon

What do you have to say about this?:
chuck_norris_camera.jpg

I would pay large amounts of cash for that camera. Not gonna lie. :lol:

Hell to the yes! I'd be down with a Chuck Norris camera. That way, at least, you know it would never die on you. ;)

Bob Dylan did an iPod commercial. It's about money.

I had no idea, we don't get those ad's in New Zealand. Damn, I never expected Bob to sell out. He used to not even care what the crowd thought, whether they boo'd or cheered.

Money is money.

Bob Dylan did an iPod commercial. Bob Dylan did an iPod commercial.It's about money.

Not to mention the Victoria's Secret commercial...

I never expected Bob to sell out. He used to not even care what the crowd thought, whether they boo'd or cheered.

No one thought he'd go electric either... And, doing commercials shows (in this case) that he still doesn't care what the crowd thinks.

So now every time I put it on my wife remarks that I smell adventurous.

... and like you've been riding a motorcycle for hours? Yummy.

What do you have to say about this?:
chuck_norris_camera.jpg

this camera could roundhouse kick any camera it competes against....

and if yout ake a bad picture with it...it will roundhouse kick you too :D

that camera uses you to take the picture...and it does it when it's damn well ready.

I just felt like saying i disagree fully with the use of ashton kutcher as nikon's spokesperson. at least not the dslr's. it seems petty. if it annoys anybody else i want to hear about it just because i want to know if i'm the only one who thinks so.

This is why you likely don't have a career in advertising. ;)

The ashton kutcher ad campaign has been a brilliant success for nikon.

Ashton is doing a good job and like many of you said, the commercials are popular. I like the one with the D90.

Yes, that chuck norris camera is wicked!

yes but anna kournikova is very pleasant on the eyes :thumbup:

Word.

I'm going to have to agree with stsinner on this one, I don't think the "celebrity endorsement" factor is going to influence a huge percentage of the DSLR market. Now the P&S maybe, but DSLRs are more of an investment and I would think...hope...that there would be a little more thought involved :p

But I understand your point, at first glance he doesn't present the keenest image a lot of the time.

I realize we are all above falling for cheap marketing ploys and endorsments in anything we buy (anyone ever buy Nike because of Jordan, Woods, Ronaldinho, etc. or Canon because of Agassi? or vote for a particular party/cause due to celeb endorsement? Yeah, I didn't think so)

I find comments like these quite interesting. I wonder, are you seriously telling me that you honestly believe you have never bought a shirt, socks, hanes, car, etc. because of the commercials for it?

I will admit that the commercials are probably not the only reason that anybody buys these things, but I think that they are driving forces. These commercials do a number of things, including increasing the coolness factor of the items, and getting the name out there. Also, it gets the name out there with a recognizable face. Think about it, when you think about it what insurance companies come to mind? Are they ones with television commercials? maybe a duck like AFLAC, a Gecko for Geico (and the caveman), the State Farm Spot, etc.

When I think of underwear brands what do I think of... hmm, there's hanes, and that's got Michael Jordan. Now, do I specifically buy them because he advertised them? no, but subconsciously it probably influences the buying decision.

The whole point of these commercials is not to have you buy the item because of the commercial, it's to have you associate their item with something so that when you go to buy the item you will be more likely to buy theirs.

If my brother were to decide to go out and get a DSLR would he be more likely to get a Nikon, because he's seen it and heard of it before? sure.

Finally, in psychology it is known that as time passes people will remember things they've heard, but not necessarily remember the source. Here commercials are great, because if the commercial made an impression on them, when they go to buy the camera they may remember hearing "it's great" and not realize it was just a commercial and Ashton Kutcher telling them that.

Why does it matter?

John McEnroe is doing old fart cereal and car rental commercials. Anna Kournikova is doing Canon Powershot commercials. Bob Dylan did an iPod commercial. Bob Dylan did an iPod commercial. It's about money.

didn't read every single posts so im not sure if anyone else mentioned by i think its maria sharapova who ads canon powershot, not annahttp://www.usa.canon.com/app/html/Maria_Sharapova/Index.html

Most reactions

Back