asked to stop taking pics

If you are on public property they have the right to "ask" you to stop taking photos, but it's just a request, they can't legally prevent you.

If you're lucky the guard will be ignorant of the law and physically try to stop you--then you can call the cops, press charges, and have him arrested.

I agree. Even if they don't have the right to tell you to leave, the police have a lot of ways to make your life miserable. It's almost always better to just honor their request and not invite more trouble.

Unless you're willing to take a little misery on yourself in an effort to keep this a free country.

Well, this is a photography forum but if a security guard were to touch me I would make sure his day ended very poorly with a trip to the hospital for him one way or the other. I am a large strong man and the guy will be a bit hesitant to try to enforce that in the first place. I will talk first and tell them they are wrong. I will tell them to call the police. I will continue on. I doubt that I will have any issues that can not be resolved.

Most reactions

Back