Assign #21 Shoot Manual

mjn092005a.jpg

Here is the data:

camera: Ansco Titan 20

anscotitan.jpg

film: Arista Pro 400

developer: Arista Premium 1+9, loaded, agitated, and washed manually.

date/time: 09/11/05 afternoonish

exposure mode: camera only has manual exposure

shutter speed: 1/200th sec

aperture: f/8

metering mode: What meter? Sunny 16 mode. ;)

lens: 90mm f/4.5 anastigmat

negative size: 6cm x 6cm

flash: What flash? I can't find the old school flash cord/adapter I need

white balance mode: none

focus mode: manual focus, with no focus indicator

custom functions: Huh? This thing doesn't even have double exposure prevention.

drive mode: direct drive, it takes 3 or 4 turns to advance to the next frame

I think I'm getting lazy in my old age, always using automatic shutter speed and stuff. ;) This shot I set the aperature to something like f/16 and the shutter spped was set for me, but I didn't trust the meter in this situation so I doubled the shutter speed twice

4.jpg

lightingokoko7lc.jpg

To my memory I think the aperture was somethnig like 4.0 and shutter speed ermm hazard a guess at 1/250s. I'm gonna try and actually shoot some to sumi9t as well if I have time. This is from the past.

There is no winner...these are just assignments. The point is to get you out and shooting...to give you inspiration, or to get you to shoot subjects and styles that you aren't used to, in order to expand your knowledge and experience. :)

Oh, and feel free to do any of the past assignments. It's ok to post em, even if it's past the deadline, but we want new stuff, not old stuff...stuff that you go out and specifically shoot for the assignment (otherwise it would defeat the purpose)...if you have old ones that fit the theme of the assignment, there is most likely a theme for it in the main themes section...if you do a search and don't find a theme for it, then make a theme for it! (but do a search first!)

Hope that helps, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :)

Also, if you are looking for a contest, we have a monthly themed photo challenge...it has it's own forum..in the main index, very top. :)

core_17 said:
There is no winner...these are just assignments. The point is to get you out and shooting...to give you inspiration, or to get you to shoot subjects and styles that you aren't used to, in order to expand your knowledge and experience. :)

Oh, and feel free to do any of the past assignments. It's ok to post em, even if it's past the deadline, but we want new stuff, not old stuff...stuff that you go out and specifically shoot for the assignment (otherwise it would defeat the purpose)...if you have old ones that fit the theme of the assignment, there is most likely a theme for it in the main themes section...if you do a search and don't find a theme for it, then make a theme for it! (but do a search first!)

Hope that helps, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :)

Wow, I wish someother forums would treat newer members like this forum does! Thanks for all the help "Cory".

SB05004a2.jpg

Camera: Konika Minolta SRT-101
Lens: Vivitar Telephoto 300mm
Film: Fujifilm 100 ISO

don't remember the settings at all, we were in the middle of a sandstorm on the beach, i was just trying to take one photo and get the hell out of there

took 2 weeks to get all the sound out of my camera :lol:

Raymond J Barlow said:
I shoot everything in manual, I hate auto focus!!. Here is the flight data, and the shot.. does this qualify?

Nikon D70
2005/08/13 05:36:46.7
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 D
Focal Length: 70mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/60 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 800
Optimize Image: Sharp
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: Manual
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Auto Flash Comp: 0 EV
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: High
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off

DSC_399801websize.jpg

That is an absolutly amazing photo. I love everything about it. Good show Raymond!

i agree, very nice! is she a friend of yours?

ksmattfish, dude, that's crazy that through all of that the print still came out nicely :)

I use the same developer actually (although i dont really have a choice in the matter ;) ). i want to get my hands on a 6x6 cam though :shock:

Most reactions

Back