Assignment '08- Flags - Due Whenever

set-72157605865726165
I took this July 4 2008, Even though it was taken several months ago I posted it because, it's all about the flag. It looked so cool to me that day.

moz-screenshot.jpg
Keith,

You can't post pictures to the board directly from your computer. You have to use a image hosting service like Photobucket or Flickr. Here's a thread that will help you get it all figured out, it's really quite easy.

Guide to posting pics

thanks for the comments on my picture guys!

SetInStone.jpg

I originally posted this in the "Set In Stone" challenge, but I think it fits this one a lot better.

There was 4,085 flags for all of the American soldiers that have passed in Iraq.

3204598309_62722c3550.jpg

3205445684_6def35b64e.jpg

was feeling beyond crazy and needed to take my mind off of things for a while, so took up this assignment...

a couple of these are just horrible (the first 2 being the worst i think), my canon a570 isn't exactly made for low light situations, but some sort of editing may have helped them along a little bit...am in an internet cafe right now...

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

It's a formation used in ceremonies. It's when planes fly with one aircraft missing from the formation. It signifies the loss of a fellow airman/soldier.

040609-F-3050V-187.jpg
This is a simple "finger tip" formation. It is the beginning of the Missing Man "manuver", where the lead aircraft breaks high and climbs out of the formation (signifying the death and acent of a fallen commrad) while the rest of the formation continues on, leaving the gap. Seeing the manuver performed is very moving when you know the meaning of it.

Vince

Seefutlung, wow.. That is amazing and breath taking all at the same time!

I need to get my pictures off of my phone and post them.

Most reactions

Back