Assignment '08- Light and Darkness- Due Whenever

Big Bully

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This assignment is combining two elements "Light and Dark" You can choose one or the other or use both elements in your photos. Have fun, use creativity and try to use new photos for the assignment. But if you need to repost go ahead.

Pretty heavily PP'd (As if you couldn't tell):wink: but I think it does the Light/Dark contrast.

Talk about creative! lol

DSC_3570.jpg

kids playing with glowsticks and flashlights

Those are pretty neat Big Bully

Here's mine, I just liked the way these shadows run across the snow.

Shadows0.JPG

Thanks Eldrich! I really like yours too!!

ice_trees_3.jpg

Eldrich, that's a very cool pic, I like it a lot.

Thanks BigBully and Tharmsen. I spent a couple hours walking around this park in pretty cold temperatures trying to figure out how to get good exposure and color for snow pics. But then to accentuate the black/white (dark/light) stripes, I think it looks better with no color anyway. I also cropped out some trees on the side, and snow without stripes at the bottom to make it simpler.

Your pic is interesting tharmsen, is there an ice rink lighting the trees in back? or maybe an alien landing on the other side of the house...

Big Bully, I've seen a lot of drawing-with-light photos but those are the first I will call outstanding! Very nice!! The first one is like a light plant and the second is very soothing.

Eldrich, nice shot! Like a piano in the snow with shadows.

tharmsen, nice shot, too. The trees in the back ground is a nice touch. What were they lit with?

ice_trees_3.jpg

Eldrich, that's a very cool pic, I like it a lot.

What a beautiful neighborhood. And the lighting in the picture is fantastic. It almost looks like a Christmas card. Great job.
Big Bully, I've seen a lot of drawing-with-light photos but those are the first I will call outstanding! Very nice!! The first one is like a light plant and the second is very soothing.

Eldrich, nice shot! Like a piano in the snow with shadows.

tharmsen, nice shot, too. The trees in the back ground is a nice touch. What were they lit with?

Thank you so much TwoRails! I really appreciate your compliments.

I live about a block from our local high school. They have a huge (like almost NFLish) football stadium. They were practicing last night so the lights on the stadium were on and giving off a great air-glow. The trees are obviously covered in thick ice so it gave that effect which caught my attention.

Here's another one I took closer to the school from inside the condo complex.

ice_trees_1.jpg

Your pic is interesting tharmsen, is there an ice rink lighting the trees in back? or maybe an alien landing on the other side of the house...
I thought maybe it was an alien ship... but then I realized it's football season. :)

Most reactions

Back