AT LAST!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A week after the event, today's newspaper sports this article and photo by the reporter Hannes Ujen on last Thursday's presentation of a danced version of Carmina Burana, choreographied by Fiona ("flofrog" here), and with a slide show installation of 45 of my photos on a large screen that formed the background to the gym that served as stage.

carminaburanarkz5707.jpg

I scanned the article on my flatbed scanner.

Herr Ujen promised to make me a CD with more of his photos taken during the performance, for I, who I photographed the making-of of this performance during 8 of the dance-group's rehearsals, did not take a single photo myself during the performance, with the screen and my photography forming the background. :roll:

But for ONCE I wanted to enjoy the whole piece! :D

:clap: That's wonderful! and good you could enjoy the performance outside of a viewfinder.

Yes, it was good to finally watch it as a spectator, but the other reason that kept me from taking out my own camera is that - while last week we had awful weather from the beginning of the week until well into last Thursday, and bad weather again as of Friday morning - the sun decided to show and shine - and shine from the west and right into the gym which was the venue for this event, and right onto the screen, as well, exactly on that Thursday late afternoon!

Which means that for most of the time, no one could see anything of my photos. They were there, everyone had an idea of that fact, but they were all pale and flat and almost invisible.

Only the latter part of the show did show the photos behind the dancers for a merciful thick grey cloud came (and I would ONLY call them that on THAT day!) and the photos finally showed up.

If you want to see that newest gym in the near and far round here, the New Gym of the school where my two children go to, by the way, you may click on this link:

http://www.bbai.de/bbai-web/projects/kultur/Oses-A.swf

Then, if you click on the thumbnail pics, and you look at the fifth in row, you see the row of windows that from outside is to be seen below that curved roof.

Again, if you click on the photo after that, you can see some steps, and a little glass cubicle, and then a deeper part of the gym. That is where the it can be divided in two by a folding wall, and that had been done for the performance, and the dance show only was in the part in front of the steps (which were the "auditorium"). And unfortunately that part and those high-up windows point west.

So, with the sun shining MUCH FOR A CHANGE ... you can imagine who effectful the slide show installation really was during the first performance... oh well...

That is very cool Corinna!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back