How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cc please..
xpa4nk.png

The crop is not working, right?

Very nice. Agree; don't think this crop is optimal. I would go for a 4:5, portrait aspect with the vertical center set on a line which bisects her shoulder.

From my standpoint:

1: VERY WELL DONE!!!
2; Where the girl is standing, the opposite is the rock on the other side of the center of image.
It balances because the green on the rock acts as a breakup of the rock color.
IMO, the crop isnt bad and tinkering with it would destroy the ambiance.
Leave ti alone, print it up to 8x11 and enjoy it.

Great potential, but which is the focal point, the rock or the girl? By having two equally strong points on an equal plane you force the eye to jump back and forth between the two never settling. As TI suggested above a different crop might be better.

My FIRST thought, before I even scrolled down far enough to see your crop question, was that she needs more headroom. With that headroom I'd have no problem with where the lower, left, and right edges fall, I think it's a very nice capture of the scene.

If you want to make it more about her rather than the scene as a whole, I think you could use a square crop, keeping the left edge where it is. I know that goes counter to my headroom request, but I think that if the shot is about her, the stick, and their reflections it works with her and her reflection running almost top to bottom. It's just in the context of an outdoor scene that the tight top seems too cramped.

Love the tones in this, btw.

thanks, i have a photo of this that has more headroom. i got to looking at it and thought it seems kinda cramped in there. Also i cropped it putting the rock and her on the rule of thirds but seems like that rule failed me.
thanks for the advice

Most reactions

Back