Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kind of self-explanatory title.
icon_smile.gif
Bored, stuck inside with a light drizzle on a yucky day. I decided to pull out some film and the tripod and see if I could get anything from the semi-shelter of the porch - the birds weren't bothered by the rain at all!

The rain picked up and started blowing at me, so I had to wrap it up and hustle back inside. Most of the roll was crap, but I liked these two. Grainy and dismal, just like the day!

yeah, old and grainy. I think a touch of vignetting would help them though.

Grainy and dismal...hey...we Oregonians know that feeling about five months in a row! Uggh! These do have an old feel, which reminds me of spring, 1983, back yard, clothesline, Tri-x, 135mm 2.8 Series E or 200mm Vivitar 3.5, shooting the blue jays through the windows as they came and went in the back yard...I got lots of grainy, diffused-highlight shots, ones that remind me of these. Those look like cardinals, a bird we do not have way out west.

Interesting; these have a very old (as in early 1900s) look & feel.

Thanks, John!

Thanks! Dunno about vignetting, though - for me they're dark enough as is!

These do have an old feel, which reminds me of spring, 1983, back yard, clothesline, Tri-x, 135mm 2.8 Series E or 200mm Vivitar 3.5

Hee hee, you're not far off! HP5, 85mm 1.4 in my Pentax. ;) And yep, the larger birds are cardinals, with an American goldfinch at the feeder in the top one. I don't know who the little guy is in the second one.

Grainy and rainy is apparently the theme here.

Interesting; these have a very old (as in early 1900s) look & feel.

Thanks, John!

Thanks! Dunno about vignetting, though - for me they're dark enough as is!

These do have an old feel, which reminds me of spring, 1983, back yard, clothesline, Tri-x, 135mm 2.8 Series E or 200mm Vivitar 3.5

Hee hee, you're not far off! HP5, 85mm 1.4 in my Pentax. ;) And yep, the larger birds are cardinals, with an American goldfinch at the feeder in the top one. I don't know who the little guy is in the second one.

Grainy and rainy is apparently the theme here.

Not heavy duty vignetting like what most do today. Just lightly, emulate those old lens's. That ould really set them back in time.....a good thing. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back